Terrible Shaking and Getting Worse

[sh...]

Is it normal for shaking to get worse after being off benzo for a little over 2 months?  Why are my symptoms getting worse and not better?  Has anyone had this?  Also insomnia is just terrible.  I would like to think it's my body trying to correct itself.  I hope this is the case.  Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sheldon

Hi Sheldon,

I think your system is working very hard to right itself.  2 months out can be pretty intense at times.  I read your signature concerning the rescue doses, are you still taking any?  If you are it is possible you are confusing an already confused central nervous system.

Unfortunately insmonia is a very common withdawal symptom.  Why don't you take a read at the Insomnia board, may be you can find some ideas to help with that.  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=83.0

Try to accept this process and be really gentle with yourself right now. Find any and all distractions from the symptoms. It will get better with time.

pianogirl

Hi Sheldon,

I'm about 5 1/2 months off and the shaking comes and goes...  The more I focus on it, the worst it gets.. Also, I notice it's much worse when I have a night or 2 of no sleep..  Many of my symptoms increase when I don't sleep.

2 months is not a long time off.. try to relax and accept as much as possible...  I know it's easier said than done.. everytime I get a new symptom, I spend too much time trying to figure out what and why it is and it just gets me more stressed and symptomatic..

Hang in there, you are not alone.

BB2

Is it normal for shaking to get worse after being off benzo for a little over 2 months?  Why are my symptoms getting worse and not better?  Has anyone had this?  Also insomnia is just terrible.  I would like to think it's my body trying to correct itself.  I hope this is the case.  Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sheldon

Hi Sheldon

what helped me was ride bike . 5 minutes on and my symptoms where gone . Or fast walk for half or hour .

Exercise always is best kill  w/d /

Good luck  Erika :smitten:

Thank you all so much for your support.  Actually I'm almost 3 months out (84 days).  Is it normal to have all four limbs to shake at one time?  It never seems to stop.  The severe shaking started when I was 2 months in.  Is this normal and is there a light at the end of this tunnel? Also internal vibration in my abdomen.  I appreciate all your help.  It seems there isn't a doctor out there that knows anything.

Sheldon