Gram Scale FYI

[...]

Just a quick FYI...

There is now a gram scale benzo withdrawal video demonstration on youtube for those of you who want to stay dry cutting and slow it down.  Here is the link:

[nobbc]http://youtu.be/ySD_UIMVFg0[/nobbc]

Edit: Disabled active link to unavailable video

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ho...]

• [jr...]

• [...]

• [ro...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Kian,

It never ceases to amaze me at your heart to help others.  You sturggle with your own wd but you always go above and beyond to help other people here.  I just want to say Thank you!

GG

Kian,

It never ceases to amaze me at your heart to help others.  You sturggle with your own wd but you always go above and beyond to help other people here.  I just want to say Thank you!

GG

I second that GG. :thumbsup:

Hope,

I'm so thankful you made if off klonopin.  I don't remember if I ever congratulated you.  This is something only a few people in this world are capable of doing and you are one of them.  What an astonishing accomplishment.  Please please please take it REAL EASY for a LONG TIME.  Please.  Way to go..... you did it.  I know things might be rough for you now, but I'm so happy you did it.

Kian

Hope,

I'm so thankful you made if off klonopin.  I don't remember if I ever congratulated you.  This is something only a few people in this world are capable of doing and you are one of them.  What an astonishing accomplishment.  Please please please take it REAL EASY for a LONG TIME.  Please.  Way to go..... you did it.  I know things might be rough for you now, but I'm so happy you did it.

Kian

Thanks Kian,

I'm doing really well so far ~fingers crossed~ Thanks for your support. You know I am always here for you when ever you need me. Just send me a PM.  :smitten:

Kian,

GG

You're welcome.  I believe only God can give a person the ability to do things in this condition... so the thanks and credit belong to Him, not me.

I have a heavy burden on my heart for those going through this.  I don't want them to end up like me.  I don't want to see people stay on benzos long term because I know where that leads.  I want people to know the sooner they get off benzos, the better off they will be but not to rush it.  As long as it takes.  Just never give up.  Do what you have to do to get off this deadly medication before it's too late.  I have every intention in giving people STRONG warnings about the dangers of long term use.  It brings true joy to my heart to see people set free from benzos.  Especially the ones who are set free and don't even realize what long term use would have done to them.  I see people's lives literally being saved.  It's not because of me.  This experience is helping me to see the value of a life.  To see how serious and important all the decisions we make in life really are and where they lead us.  I don't want to see people lead to where I am.  That is what drives me.  My own suffering and fear.

Kian

• 2 weeks later...

I am down to the last little bit of Klonopin .05 mg (1/10 tab) and my scale is all of a sudden jumping all over the place - I changed the batteries thinking that might be it. I can weigh the same bit 10 times and each time it weighs different and in fact jumps around in weight while it just sits there.

So it should weigh .018 at this amt and the same piece can weigh that much and then a minute later twice as much. Has anyone had this happen at these very low doses?

Last night I decided to crush and seperate the powder (SummerMeadow style) - I am very anxious and not sleeping at this low dose and need to be somewhat smooth in the dry cut taper at this point and the powder method doesn't seem accurate either - maybe I'm over analyzing?

Maybe I should just jump, but all the withdrawal symptoms have increased as I go lower so that doesn't seem like a good idea.

Sometimes something as small as a draft can cause that to happen. You could trying closing the lid to weigh. This keeps ant drafts away. Mine would jump everywhere if my husband walked by. It's very sensitive.

Thank you Rearden and Hope - I have this scale - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012TDNAM/ref=pe_175190_21431760_M3T1_ST1_dp_i1

Until recently it registered a steady 0 with nothing on - now it creeps up and jumps around - I rebalance it with 2 10 gram weights, but right afterward it gets inaccurate again almost immediately. Originally I thought batteries - then I thought maybe something (pill dust?/regular dust)got down in the cracks and somehow messed it up.  I am on a stable wooden table with no drafts and step away from the table when weighing. I'll try closing the lid Hope - haven't done that yet. Maybe you are right Rearden and I am asking too much of this scale.

(I figured that maybe yours did the same thing Hope - and that is why you jumped!

PS Hope- you are my light - I keep checking to see how you are doing with hope that I follow a similar path...

Thank you Rearden and Hope - I have this scale - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012TDNAM/ref=pe_175190_21431760_M3T1_ST1_dp_i1

Until recently it registered a steady 0 with nothing on - now it creeps up and jumps around - I rebalance it with 2 10 gram weights, but right afterward it gets inaccurate again almost immediately. Originally I thought batteries - then I thought maybe something (pill dust?/regular dust)got down in the cracks and somehow messed it up.  I am on a stable wooden table with no drafts and step away from the table when weighing. I'll try closing the lid Hope - haven't done that yet. Maybe you are right Rearden and I am asking too much of this scale.

(I figured that maybe yours did the same thing Hope - and that is why you jumped!

PS Hope- you are my light - I keep checking to see how you are doing with hope that I follow a similar path...

You made me cry a little ptqnn. Please write me whenever you need to. I'd love to help if I can. Thank you for your kind words. :smitten:

Thank you Hope - I will do that - you have already helped me more than you know!

Thank you Reardon - I've been working with it today to no avail - something is wrong - I think I'll try to return and see what happens - in the meantime, I guess I'll be crushing and separating into little piles. The scale worked beautifully until it didn't :)

Rearden,

Thank you for all the really good tips and things to consider about the cheap gram scale.  You are very smart and insightful.

ptqnn,

I have one small tip.  I think dust or med dust can get inside the little space around the base of the scale where you put the little "bowl".  One can use a little "dust off" can of compressed air and give a few little blasts of air to make sure there are no dust partilcles getting in way of the scale base free movement before centering the "bowl" on the scale and adding the med.  I was getting bad readings once, too, and this corrected the problem and brought me back to closer accuracy and began to give me the same readings that I knew were "normal" or "typical" for the reading of the weight of the "bowl" BEFORE taring it or zeroing it out prior to adding the med.  Every time it does not give me a "typical reading" for the weight of the bowl, I use the dust off and the problem is immediately solved.

(I personally think the gram scale is more accurate than titration)  I think all the little particles hanging out in the liquid make it impossible to get the same dose each time.  At the end of the day, you may have taken the same daily dose, but with titration, I think there is more of a variable with each dose than with the cheap gram scale which as Rearden says is not totally accurate.  I agree, it's not totally accurate, but with regards to equal doses, I believe it is more accurate than titration.  No method is perfectly accurate, as Rearden has very clearly explained so well, but both of them sure beat making bigger cuts IMO.  In fact, I bet not every pill you take out of a bottle has the exact same amount of benzo in it.

Kian

Thanks for the great tip Kian - I will air spray out the scale today and see if that works - Funny I wondered if dust could be the problem, but never thought to air spray - thanks!

Thanks for the great tip Kian - I will air spray out the scale today and see if that works - Funny I wondered if dust could be the problem, but never thought to air spray - thanks!

welcome...    :)  Let us know if that helps or if I'm crazy!

Sincerely,

Kian

• 4 weeks later...
Kian, Is the Valium uniformly distributed throughout the tablet. I know there is filler in each Valium tablet. So If I shave any amount off anywhere on the tablet will the amount of Valium always be the same?. I was looking at either titration or dry cutting using a scale. Could I get as good results dry cutting and using a scale as either titration or daily microtapering?. I saw my Doctor yesterday and we determined I was not yet symptom free and I still need to find the correct dosage of Valium to become symptom free and stable and then hold it for a while before I Taper. I am now at 15mg. So he suggested I cut 1 5mg tab in half and go up to 17.5mg or I could just take 2 10mg tablets and go up to 20mg. How difficult would it be to get exactly 2.5mg cutting a 5mg tablet. It seems it may be easier to taper down from 20mg. Since they have 2mg Valium tablets available

Kian, Is the Valium uniformly distributed throughout the tablet. I know there is filler in each Valium tablet. So If I shave any amount off anywhere on the tablet will the amount of Valium always be the same?. I was looking at either titration or dry cutting using a scale. Could I get as good results dry cutting and using a scale as either titration or daily microtapering?. I saw my Doctor yesterday and we determined I was not yet symptom free and I still need to find the correct dosage of Valium to become symptom free and stable and then hold it for a while before I Taper. I am now at 15mg. So he suggested I cut 1 5mg tab in half and go up to 17.5mg or I could just take 2 10mg tablets and go up to 20mg. How difficult would it be to get exactly 2.5mg cutting a 5mg tablet. It seems it may be easier to taper down from 20mg. Since they have 2mg Valium tablets available

If the Valium is not uniformly distributed, then neither method will work. You must make the assumption of uniform distribution no matter how you taper. Even cutting a pill in half on the score mark only works if the active ingredient is uniformly distributed.

Pills are not manufactured individually. It is a batch process where individual pills are formed from a larger batch. If the active ingredient were not uniformly distributed in the batch, then you could not even rely on the proper dose from one pill to the next.

If the Valium is not uniformly distributed, then neither method will work. You must make the assumption of uniform distribution no matter how you taper. Even cutting a pill in half on the score mark only works if the active ingredient is uniformly distributed.

Pills are not manufactured individually. It is a batch process where individual pills are formed from a larger batch. If the active ingredient were not uniformly distributed in the batch, then you could not even rely on the proper dose from one pill to the next.

Makes sense to me.

I don't believe the margins of error are critical or anything to worry about no matter which method one chooses, but I can only speak for myself.  I do, however, FIRMLY believe that the margin of error is greater using liquid titration as opposed to the gram scale method as long as your gram scale is working well and is clean and on a very stable surface with no wind, noise, etc......movements....and so on.

I prefer the gram scale method, but to each his/her own.

Kian

I'm in agreement with Kian. I used the gram scale throughout my taper and it worked perfectly. It was certainly accurate enough for this purpose.

Hello, do most of the members in BB dry cut and use a scale from the beginning of the Taper until the end. If it is accurate and it works I would probably prefer this method to titration using milk or water.

Also what about liquid Valium. Would this not also be accurate and also work near the end of the Taper?

What are your thought regarding using a combination of dry cutting using a scale and then switching to liquid Valium as the dosage is decreased?