Intrusive thoughts are debilitating.please help me.

[ec...]

While you were in detox I was in hospital because they C/Ted me off codeine (while I was coming off Valium too...I can totally relate!  Please tho' - hang in!  I was in such a horrible way in hospital...told them they should be humane and finish me off!  (that got me into trouble).  Somehow I found a way to pull away from the horrible thoughts, to "watch"  them..  That works sometimes... at least some of the time.  some days it just ...is bad...If you come here when it is bad...sometimes that works for me...I hope someone else comes and replies and can be more constructive than me... I am about to come off the last 2mg very very fast...thanks to another doc....so I will be in here a lot!!  trying to stay sane...somehow reading and posting seems to ground me a little and remind me that we are all in this together, that what is happening to me is happening to others and will pass someday...Not much help but I can't think.  so sorry...

I read when you have fear and intrusive thoughts its a sign of healing. That you should say to yourself I am healing. That's what I've been doing and it kinda helps. We will heal! Every bb in my prayers

Eckhart, I forgot to tell you something yesterday. I talked with a psychologist about intrusive thoughts and she said it has something to do with serotonin not being sufficient. I guess in w/d our serotonin levels plummet.... Her explanation made me feel better so I wanted to pass it along.

This was my hardest symptom and the scariest one but it went away....I would try to reason with myself by saying this is only a symptom and it will pass etc etc....

When the thoughts go away you will be able to look back and realize there was no meaning or truth to them.

Prayers for you