abdominal pain

[...]

Does anyone have any experience of having upper abdominal pain from benzo taper.  Sometimes it is gnawing and spicy food makes it worse.  Zantac  and prilosec have helped sometimes.  Been worked up the wazoo for the cause and  even had my gall bladder out.  Now that I am trying to taper my benzo it is coming back.  Thanks, SC

I didn't have pain but my stomach muscles got really tight. I've heard that we have GABA receptors all through our abdominal/intestinal tract so when we taper, it's logical that they would get involved somehow.

Not sure what to recommend for you though. Hopefully someone will come by with more info on this for you.

rufus

hi yep we have gaba receptors in our abdominal.  i used something hot on my stomach and when in bad i would gently massage it.  i found i had toxic reactions to gluten, dairy and sugar - so be careful about what you eat - you do not need a challenge right now.

then there are muscles - mine sure did cramp during withdrawals - i used heat on my neck and shoulder/abdominal and a bite guard in my mouth.

then i too tabs of cal/mag/zinc - that helped with all the awful leg/arm and neck cramps.

Does anyone have any experience of having upper abdominal pain from benzo taper.  Sometimes it is gnawing and spicy food makes it worse.  Zantac  and prilosec have helped sometimes.  Been worked up the wazoo for the cause and  even had my gall bladder out.  Now that I am trying to taper my benzo it is coming back.  Thanks, SC

JanusJones had/has that too.

I am so glad that I found this thread....

I have a hernia that I have lived with for years...a umbilical on above my belly buttom...well now in W/D it bugs the heck out of me.  You think it is safe to say that more than likely that this is the reason for the discomfort...the benzo w/d?  Or should I have it fixed even though a doctor has said no I should wait until after I have children.

Thanks gals-guys!

T

Well, I have had all these various aches and pains in the past, like sensitive teeth, shoulder joint pain, etc. That didn't bother anymore me until now, so I think stuff just comes up again for awhile from our past. The wd just sensitizes us so much that it's bound for these things to come out.