Lymph nodes

[Ma...]

Thanks Erica I hope everything comes back normal. I was diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome in 2006 and this is how I felt. Maybe the withdrawal is flaring it back up. Ugh this has to get better. Hugs

Yes, I have had pain/tenderness in my lymph nodes (first was neck area and more recently armpit "pectoral" muscle area).  This all began last March.  I also have body aches and severe fatigue at times.

You said you were diagnosed with CFS in 2006.  Did it improve since your diagnoses (until recently of course from benzo w/d)?  I was perfectly healthy before benzos, but I am always wondering if something else wasn't triggered as a result of w/d.  All blood test have always come back normal except slightly elevated WBC every time (I get my blood tested every 3 months).  That makes sense because I feel like my immune system has been in the "on" position for almost a year now.

Hugs,

Tina

I went for years feeling like crap. Some days I couldn't get off the couch because of the fatigue. I couldn't hardly breath or anything. Honestly I did get better very slowly. The way everybody says their withdrawal is physically on here reminds me so much of cfs. I am battling all mental except the lymph node pain. I still have irregular heart beats from cfs too but overall it got better.

I get swollen lymph nodes in neck which accompany waves & know I have to ease off activity. My bz wdwl sx have been very CFS like & this is my Drs preferred diagnosis but I am sure its all bz wdwl & its overall improving the further out from bzs I get.

I got hit again with swollen lymph nodes in my neck early this week after missing a night of sleep last weekend. That night I started getting bronchitis type symptoms in my lungs and thought I was going to be super sick the next day. Halfway through the night the lung stuff cleared up, and by the end of the next day my neck felt fine.

I am no stranger to getting these kinds of symptoms when I get sick, but it NEVER clears up in a day or two. My guess is that during wd a stress trigger can set things like this off independent of a cold or flu virus due to our CNS being overly sensitive. Fun stuff, huh?

I have had pain in my armpits as well....only comes occasionally but it made me freak out....dont be afraid seems common from what Im reading here.

happy healing to you,

mtnhigh

what are Lymph Nodes ? can you see them or feel them , sorry I am not sure if its a sense of feeling of pain or something that you can physically see, just wondering if I ever had them . Thanks ((hugs ))) to all

So glad to hear the CFS improved for you over time. Now to conquer the Benzo w/d.  You will get there-keep going...

I went for years feeling like crap. Some days I couldn't get off the couch because of the fatigue. I couldn't hardly breath or anything. Honestly I did get better very slowly. The way everybody says their withdrawal is physically on here reminds me so much of cfs. I am battling all mental except the lymph node pain. I still have irregular heart beats from cfs too but overall it got better.

This happened to me at about 8 months off and we concluded it was the poison exiting the system.  I was eating really clean, so it could have been many things. It did however go away.

I was diagnosed with CFS in 1991, before benzos. It was through a blood test for Epstein Barr Virus. The test came back as active. At that time I was suffering from an overwhelming exhaustion, swollen lymph nodes in my neck, tinnitus, anxiety, insomnia, headaches, environmental and food sensitivities, plus GI issues.

In 2007 I was approved for Social Security Disability, based on the CFS/EBV.

I do experience flare ups every now and then, which makes tapering much more challenging. Most doctors will run the EBV Panel if they suspect CFS.

Take Care,

RG

Thanks Erica I hope everything comes back normal. I was diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome in 2006 and this is how I felt. Maybe the withdrawal is flaring it back up. Ugh this has to get better. Hugs

Maymay, I've had what has been called severe ME/CFS and FMS (suddenly the idea of Lyme has come up so I'm a bit adrift currently) for 22 years.  I didn't know for sure that what I was experiencing when I tried to get off the Valium - prescribed for the fibromyalgia - last year was withdrawal until I ended up in hospital.  For me what I experienced in withdrawal was very much like an exacerbation of the CFS in so many ways.  Made it very very difficult to know what was happening - chronic illness complicates absolutely everything.  Do hope this passes

for you soon.  XX T

Thank you guys. I was tested in October for everyrhing. They thought I had lymes too. It's very tough. Hopefully it will end soon. Hugs