Cold forehead ?

[Co...]

Hi guys,

These last 2-3 days it feels like I'm constantly having a cold forehead and sometimes my face too (with some funny sensations but nothing drastic)... I have no pain or migraines, just this feeling like I have an ice pack on my forehead.

Like the circulation is weird or something...not really sure... haven't been taking anything except low doses of Omega-3 and daily vits, but I don't think its connected.

Can anyone relate?

Hi,

I've had similar things, and lately it's been one hand being very cold while the other is warm.  Early on, I had extreme flushing followed by chills.  Our internal thermostat doesn't seem to work so well in withdrawal.

This is from The Ashton Manual:

Bodily sensations. All sorts of strange tinglings, pins and needles, patches of numbness, feelings of electric shocks, sensations of hot and cold, itching, and deep burning pain are not uncommon during benzodiazepine withdrawal. It is difficult to give an exact explanation for these sensations but, like motor nerves, the sensory nerves, along with their connections in the spinal cord and brain, become hyperexcitable during withdrawal. It is possible that sensory receptors in skin and muscle, and in the tissue sheaths around bones, may fire off impulses chaotically in response to stimuli that do not normally affect them.

Thanks Megan,

You are right about the thermostat...mine was off for quite a while, being too cold or too hot...but its been ok for sometime now. Just thought that this was weird, never had it before.

But I guess this is yet another benzo-jedi-mind trick going on inside of me