Having a difficult time with my first titration

[br...]

I did my first titration yesterday for my morning dose and removed 1ml only 1% and kept the same dose for afternnoon and evening. I had a worse time sleeping and now my body is shaking and I'm feeling really sick and anxious. I also have other health problems which makes it even more difficult to go through withdrawls. Can a 1% difference do this? It seems so tiny of a cut.  It doesn't make sense to me.... I have done 1/8 dry cuts before and didn't feel as bad but then again I've been on klonopin 3 weeks longer than the last dry cut so I'm probably even more addicted.

Brite, did you make sure to shake it up really really well, and then drink it immediately?

It would be pretty unusual to feel a 1% cut to this degree, especially on the first day. But it's not unheard of.

Today just make sure you shake it well, and see how you feel tonight and tomorrow.

Hi Eljay. I thought I shook it well enough and even swirled some water to make sure I got whatever was left over in the cylinder. I don't think I shorted myself. I did notice that there were pink specs of the klonopin in the milk. Does that mean it wasn't completely dissolved? How long do you have to wait for it to be completely dissolved? I think I waited like a few minutes but I also was a hard time crushing it with the back of the spoon yesterday. Today I used a pill crusher but even when I rinsed out the remnants with milk I noticed that pieces of the klonopin were sort of stuck in the grooves and it was hard to get it all completely out. I still find it odd that I would have an effect over such a little cut and that it would effect my sleep at night.

Brite,

Make sure you crush and then stir the powder in milk vigorously. I do it for a while till I can see no yellow blobs.

I don't think the way you feel is the result of the tiny titration. Sometimes we forget to take a pill, skip a dose, and don't feel bad. Something else may play a role, but I would not worry about it. While on benzos, during the taper, after the taper, there are and will be times when we just feel lousy. Doesn't last forever, though. Who knows what the answer is, and whether it is the same every time.

Good luck at titrating. Getting off  benzos is a path to freedom!  ;)

Yeah, I don't know enough about titration to really advise you, but that's basically why I chose not to use that method. I would have if I found I had to, but I did ok without.

It's hard to say about dissolving. I don't know that it really has to dissolve first if you crush it finely enough, but I"m sure that is difficult to do. See how it goes again today, and how you feel. Maybe there is a psychological componant to it that is triggering more wd.

How do you feel now? If you still feel badly tonight and tomorrow, Maybe Colin has an idea as to what could be going on.

Take care Brite, I think you will be ok tonight. ;)

THanks Tanya and Eljay for the response and advice. I do still feel pretty bad today still and it does feel like it it may be related to the taper and the fact that I didn't sleep well(only 4 hours).  :o

hi brite unfortunate 4 hours sometimes is the norm - not using any caffeine helps - keeping the bed fresh and the bedroom uncluttered and dusted helps alone with using few blankets and maybe a cracked window.

i used to drink tea at night and keep my early evenings very simple and quiet - that helped - teas i drank were valarian root, passion flower and chamomile.

if you get too stressed out some calms forte can help for a limited time - you can get it at walgreens, walmart and benadryl also helps but only for a few nights.

sleep aids need to be kept to a minimum and used only as a last resort cause they stop acting pretty quick.  i hope some of these suggestions help you.

Hi Silver. Thanks for the advice. Actually believe it or not I've tried all that. I'm low on calms forte. Yeah it used to help. Not anymore.  Last night I had only 3 hours sleep.  It's just extra hard to handle when I don't sleep because I'm already suffering from such challenging health issues. I wish I was stronger like you guys.  I'm so scared to taper off the meds now.  :'( I went back to my usual dose  so  hope I can sleep tonight a little more. I'm just watiing for a response from Colin about the tapering schedule. I"m afraid I confused him and myself in the process and I made it more complicated than it should be. 

Eljay, I'm just curious how you tapered off your meds without titrating? How did you manage to cut the pills with the pill cutter when you were trying to get off in tiny increments?

Hi Brite.

I had .5mg pills and cut them in quarters, all the way down. .125mg cuts every one to 3 weeks. And I jumped from .125mg.

I have done ok, but for some this is too big of a cut. When I started tapering, the first cut was aprox the suggested 10%, but as I got lower that percentage grew. To be honest, I didn't really notice. In fact, the first half of my taper was more difficult with lots of anxiety and paranoia and depression. This eased up as I got lower, though my sleep got poorer.

Hi Eljay. Thanks for sharing. I don't think I can do that and I've only been on it daily for 2 months.  I'm happy for you, though and that you were able to tolerate somehow. I hope one day I can be benzo free too and be able to sleep.  BTW that's a nice pic of you  :)  Is that a post benzo pic?

Hi Eljay. Thanks for sharing. I don't think I can do that and I've only been on it daily for 2 months.  I'm happy for you, though and that you were able to tolerate somehow. I hope one day I can be benzo free too and be able to sleep.  BTW that's a nice pic of you  :)  Is that a post benzo pic?

LOL! That's a six year old pic!

I was only on klono for about 3  or 4 months, I was on various benzos off and on for about 2 months before that. So I'm not a long-timer either.

So do you want to do a liquid titration in that case?

Colin or Tanya will help with that. Just take your .25mg for now.

And I promise you will be benzo free too!!