Day 5 cold turkey from Xanax, please help?!!

[kr...]

I quit xanax cold turkey 5 days ago, I've been taking 1.5 mgs on and off for the past year. If it's already been 5 days am i still at risk for a seizure? The first 2 days the only w/d symptoms i had were shaky hands and sweating & mild anxiety. but that has passed i feel fine now, I'm just terrified of having a seizure? will i be okay since it's been 5 days

I know it's not advised & i should see a doctor but will i be fine?

Hello kristyxo55,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

you'll find a lot of support and information here - our members have been through all aspects of benzodiazepine use and withdrawal.  Most are willing to share their experiences with others.

You're correct that it's not usually a good idea to c/t off of benzos.  Seizures are rare but they can happen within the first few months.  You were on a moderate dose of xanax, and hopefully, your withdrawal will go smoothly and you will continue without too many symptoms.  Please take a look at The Ashton Manual.  It's a great reference on what to expect in withdrawal. 

We also have a Cold Turkey, Detox & Rapid Withdrawal Board, where you can get support from others who have gone through rapid withdrawal.  There are quite a few who have.

Lastly, please take the time to Create a Signature.  This will give others an idea of where you are in the process so they can better support you.

Again, welcome!

:smitten: