Bummed i have to take antibiotics.

[Ly...]

Today i found out i had a minor bacterial infection called Clostridium Dificle. causing me abdominal pain and i have to take some antibiotic called Flagyl to cure it. Im a bit worried that taking an antibiotic will cause my body to freak out since its so hyper sensitive to meds. hopefully not. I've been having halfway decent day.

Anyone have any experience having to take other medications or antibiotics during withdrawal ?

Today i found out i had a minor bacterial infection that has been causing me abdominal pain and i have to take some antibiotic called Flagyl to cure it. Im a bit worried that taking an antibiotic will cause my body to freak out since its so hyper sensitive to meds. hopefully not. I've been having halfway decent day.

Anyone have any experience having to take other medications or antibiotics during withdrawal ?

I had two strong shots of clindamycin about a year ago and didnt have bad effects. I also had to take bactrim, which made me feel depressed after about 5 days of taking it. Amoxicillin didnt seem to bother me. I had to take Cephalexin for about 6 days and I think the cephalexin made me VERY depressed.

Crap see this is what I'm worried about. I have an infection and I don't really want to take anything . This is exactly what I'm worried about . Something irritating my symptoms . Man this sucks

i have clostridium difficult. its very common. man i am so dreading taking anything. I'm going to talk to my psychiatrist about it. I'm nervous about this. the very LAST thing ineed is any sort of setback. ughh. what should i do????

Lynn, I also had this and had to take flagyl. I did have a bad reaction but was able to stick it out. If you do not tolerate it,  ask to be switched to vancomycin, but it can be a little pricey.

see this is what I'm afraid of. a bad reaction . i know i will have a bad reaction my body is so so so sensitive.

damnit. why do i have to be in this situation. its like why can't i get better and stabilize without having something mess with me.

try not to get ahead of yourself you might be just fine!!! If not you can try to switch to vancomycin.. Let us know how it goes  :smitten:! When do you start???

I had a bad ear Infection right when my w/d started so I had to take antibiotics during acute. I was really worried cuz I was so sensitive to everything but I took amoxicillin and had no adverse effects from it. 

Remember, for every horror story you hear there's probably a hundred successes that u never hear about.