How many hours of sleep did you get during yout withdrawal?

[hs...]

I know a topic like this was posted, but I can't seem to find it and I'm curious  :D

During your withdrawl, how many hours of sleep did you all get? and what was the pattern like?

:angel:

Hello BB

It will very from person to person. But from what I have read, and from my own experience, about two to three hours a night. If you can't sleep, try some Scothist Oatmeal. I have a post up that might help you out.  Okay

Wish you the best

Rock

When I first went off the Ativan I would say that I got maybe 3 hours a sleep at night. 

I did somewhat better after taking melatonin up to 6 mg. through the night.  I would try to get by with as little melatonin as possible and would usually wake up halfway through the short period I did get to sleep and take some more.  I only had to take the melatonin for probably 3 or 4 months and not every night. 

Sleep did return. 

I'd say that 2 -3 hrs is about what I'm been averaging in the past 3 months. It wasn't quite as bad earlier in my w/d from K but is now my major debilitating w/d sx since starting my V taper.

I do what Oi81 mentioned. I try to eat some oatmeal about an hr before going to bed & then I try to eat small portions of high protien/omega 3 fat foods when I awake.

Going to try OTC melatonin.

Tried prescription ramelteon - Rozerem, a melatonin agonist. Some studies showed is was useful in benzo w/d.

Although I did fall asleep quickly, it didn't increase overall sleep time. Also, gave me some lingering morning after headache, increased my B/P & I was more out of it than usual for about 24 hrs.

I would not suggest using any on the "z" sleeping pills. Most seem to make it worse. Not medical advise, just observation & from what I've read.

I'm also scheduled to get individual PT this week to help reduce painful trigger points. That helped me during the K w/d.

Having a cool mist humidifier right next to my face & listening to music on my iPod are the only things getting me thru the nights & keeping me sane right now.

Hope this might be helpful. Try not to obsess about not sleeping, just makes it worse. Do want you can to relax if you can't sleep. If you are physically able get up and try some light exercise or stretching.

All the best.

I don't think I slept more than 3 or 4 hours a night all those years I was on serax (all 28 of them). I didn't know it was the benzo causing my insomnia.

So ... when I crossed over to valium it was blessed relief and at the top end of my taper I got 8 to 10.

But as I tapered down my sleep diminished and when I first came off there was an initial period of about 1 or 2 hours a night for 3 weeks or so.

It has slowly improved, I still don't get a lot of sleep but what I do get seems fairly restorative.

I'm happy because I don't get night terrors or sleep paralysis anymore.

C :)

I was getting 7-9. I ran a lot during the day the I took two 300mg tabs of melatonin and benadryl each night.  It gave me really weird dreams but I'll take that over no sleep any day. 

I slept about the same amount of time 4-6hrs/night.

But my sleep times changed almost immediately.

I'd fall asleep before 8pm and wake up usually around 1am.

This disturbed me quite a bit because I had to find something to

stay distracted from the side affects of withdrawal the whole morning.

This pattern has stayed the same ever since.  I now sleep a little longer into the

early morning, but it's rare if I sleep past 4am

• 2 weeks later...

I have been averaging around 5-1/2 hours per night...sometimes 6.  Getting better.  Also taking Benadryl and Melatonin to help.

Thankful for the sleep I am getting.

For those who aren't getting enough, just sitting back during the day and closing your eyes..listening to quiet meditative music will help you a lot.  It has worked well for me.

Blessings of healing to all!