Symptoms of withdrawal?

[ch...]

Hi, I have had severe anxiety for about 6 years now and went from Buspar to Klonopin and I noticed as my stress went up so did my Klonopin intake, I hit a peak of 3mg a day and about then I started noticing bad motor skill problems so I knew I needed to get off of it altogether, so I started from 2.5 mg and dropped the .5 and then tapered from 2mg down an 1/8th of a mg every 5 days. I am now at 1 mg and 3/8th and I am flipping out, at 1.5 I was feeling awesome and feeing more awake and alert and now I am constantly panicking and the blurred vision and concentration loss problems you experience while in a full blown attack, well I feel those often now without anything causing them that I know of, on top of it my depersonalization/derealization has come back full force and I am so scared about it all right now, whether or not to goto my doctor or to goto a hospital, it goes away at night once I'm in bed and unwind but during the day where I have to deal with any type of stress I am constantly light headed and scared and feel out of it. Anyone have any experiences like this? Does the depersonalization go away or will the anxiety get worse as I step even more down? I think I will be going back on Buspar since it has no addiction to it and is better in my opinion for me than Klonopin. I appreciate any feedback on this, I fee so burnt out and out of it that I don't know what to do, I just want some relief and even if I get back on Buspar it takes 1-3 weeks to feel the effects of it! >.<. I als notice some weird burry/glowy effect to my vision at night while driving =\.

Hi

Not sure how long you've been on 1 and 3/8 is it?, any how you may be going too fast, you need to stabalize on a dose then generally cut 10% every 7 to 14 days. If you havent been on 1 3/8 for very long you may want to either stay at that level till you stabalize or go back to 1.5 then stabalize and start reducing by the 10% factor.

Bobbes

I've been on 1 3/8 for 5 days now and I knew I was going to cut it again by 1/8 as of tomorrow but I was terrified to with all these crazy symptoms I'm having, I think I will go back to 1.5mg a day and wait for awhile, 7-14 days is such a long time to wait to cut the dosage again but I guess I should try to do it slower.  :-\

EDIT: One other thing to note is sometimes to get the klonopin in me quicker i leave it under my tongue and let it dissolve, is this a bad idea?

Hi

Whatever works, listen don't fret too much about how fast your going, everyone wants off yesterday. As long as your reducing at the 10% rate you will be off these things, the point is to reduce at a rate that is acceptable to you physicallyand mentally. This stuff doesn't work like other drugs, it takes time to re balance your chemistry, going too fast doesn't aid healing it just produces more withdrawals.

Bobers

So do I g off of 10% of what I was on like 2mg, or 10% of what I'm at? I just kept going down in 1/8ths since I thought that's what the chart did on the site for 2.5 mg and below. If anyone could make a chart for me that'd be awesome I know I went from 2.0 to 1.865 or so to 1.75 to 1.5 to 1.365 and now I'd be dropping my next dose to 1.25?

There are two ways of doing it. 10% of orig. dose or 10% of each new dose. I did  aprox 10% of orig. dose all the way down with few problems but for some this is very difficult . To do it the second way, it's easiest to do a liquid titration, which someone can help you with. Then you can make even smaller reductions. Your next direct cut From 1.375 to 1.25mg would still be aprox. 10% though. ;)

Awesome, then I'll start my 1.25 mg intake in a couple more days, did your withdrawal effect your vision at all, I notice some annoyance in my vision, just burriness and afterburn when looking from one object to another, like ghosting almost, I had this before somewhat but its worsened. I have perfect vision too =\.

Oh, all sorts of vision problems. Burning, blurriness, I've been 9 days off, and I still have it. Not so much burning, but just really blurry. It will come back, just part of wd. ;D

• 2 months later...
[e2...]
And here I thought I was going to have to see an eye doctor. I've been having a lot of funky eye blurriness lately, something I notice more when I'm reading (which I do a lot of).

The eyes change constantly while in wd.  It can drive you crazy if you're not already there from one of the other symptoms! :laugh:  It's amazing to me what people have gone through while in tolerance and wd with their eyes.  Me being one of them :laugh: