Author Topic: how to stop awful thoughts  (Read 2205 times)

[Buddie]

Re: how to stop awful thoughts
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 10:22:48 am »
I just posted this link for someone else its all ocd related which is triggered by withdrawal read and put your mind at ease

http://www.ocdtypes.com/sexual-ocd.php
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2013, 10:16:26 pm »
I have this too mine is about babies though and I am having a baby in september imagine how scared i am lol. i think a big part of it for me is the WD...i believe i have suffered mild ocd all my life though :( its deff no fun!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2019, 07:57:52 pm »
Anybody still around from this thread. I know [...] is. This is my absolute worst symptom and I'm trying to learn to accept the intrusive thoughts and feelings that I've never had before, but it's very difficult.

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2019, 11:06:12 pm »
I saw the subject and I wanted to read what people have to say about it or if I can help.  I have OCD since I was young so this is a familiar subject for me.  It is definitely part of the list of withdrawal symptoms.  But for just always been there for me.  It's scary because you get  thoughts that is in total opposition of your value and who you are.  It feels it is coming from outside and infiltrated your brain. 

In most of the therapy I have done, they explain that if you focus on the fact that you don't want to think about something, you will think about it.  Example, try to think of a pink elephant, it won't work that well.  But if you try not to think of a pink elephant than you keep thinking about it.  That's why when it happens, you try not to focus of stopping the thoughts.  You can rationalized it by understanding its a symptoms and you will not act on it and it's not part of your value.  Mindfulness help a lot since it can show you how to dissociate from intrusive images or thoughts without judging them.  Like if your mind stay on the side of the road watching thoughts passing by and you just letting them go or passing by again without judging and eventually they go away.  There is some app that can help you with mindfulness.

It's not easy but it works.  I am a non violent person but I kept having violent thoughts and it was very upsetting.  When I stop thinking I was a bad person for having those images and understood that it was a symptoms or illness, it started to get better.

[...] I was able to help, wishing you the best

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2019, 08:30:42 pm »
"Dude... These thoughts Suck. Lol. Sorry if this offends anyone but i think it is interesting and funny.. A thought popped into my head of me wipping my butt with my hand and then eating it?? And then i got scared of this thought because i know i dont have a grasp on myself and might actually do it. Lol..
Then i get these wierd thoughts aboutkilling my dog, or starting my car without oil( while doing an oil change) or turning in the opposite side if the freeway.. And all these thoughts give me this fear sensation that tells me to check myself because it could happen since i dont have a grasp on myself.

I think this is a form of healing though, maybe its our brain dumping out all the bad stuff(to its extremities)  and reminding us our morals."

Dude wtf 😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OGC.d4fd64707e6ee0675c648fae9edacbf1&pid=Api&rurl=https%3a%2f%2fmedia.giphy.com%2fmedia%2f11nloJQzzDP1MA%2fgiphy.gif&ehk=oYElbE%2fPrDD3bkPz%2fEiPYA

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2019, 10:02:16 pm »
Maybe going to church and praying that these thoughts not enter your head might help

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2019, 09:55:04 am »
I used to have these intrusive thoughts when I was in college, over 25 years ago.  I prayed and eventually God took them away.  Those were very intense negative thoughts that I would never be able to function again socially, or in any other aspect.  I actually started to believe that I had no redeeming qualities and would never be accepted by anyone as an equal, or never be liked or loved.  God took all that away within weeks once I really started to talk with Him every day.  But now, this post benzo stuff, this is not the same thing.  This is a beast that does not play by the same rules.  This is a brain damage type of thing.  This is not something that took a hold of my spirit and my soul and threatened to end me, no this feels like something altogether different, strange, undefined, unclear, but insurmountable and very frightening.  I am truly scared about where my brain is going to end up.  I am having a really hard time believing I will ever heal.  This is beyond scary.  People who are born with this, or have it at a young age, I wonder what happened to their brains to cause this.  This is not normal folks, this is brain damage.  Anyone who spontaneously gets this type of illness must have suffered some sort of brain damage or extreme trauma.  This can't be something that just comes from nowhere, it must be a result of a chronic imbalance, or malfunction of the brain.  This can't be a thinking or mental problem, it seems more like a physiological/physical damage type of issue.  I've had a lot of mental and psychological issues in my life.  There has always been a solution.  I was always able to find a solution.  I'm starting to wonder if alcohol was one of my solutions.  Now that I'm not drinking, going on 9 months, just maybe the alcohol held it at bay.