Anyone get achy pain from your neck ?

[he...]

At about 6 months off I had a period of a few weeks where my neck pain was almost unbearable. Using a heat pad helped a lot and the only other thing really was to rest it and try not to move it too much or bend etc

Hi,

You mentioned "severe muscle stiffness."  Basically, the pain you feel in your neck and shoulders is the direct result of that.  It's from withdrawal, and it will pass in time.

:smitten:

I have neck pain and muscle tension right after I quit clonazepam, it last for about 2 weeks.

Then it strike again in October after I finish diazepam taper for about a month, this time it get worse and worse.

I try many ways to relief the pain but still no any ways that last long. I just try tizanidine, and it did help only a week.

Now I can only waiting for advice form other experience.

Hello Helpme,

I have had extreme neck pain for almost a year now... It was much worse during my taper... But it is still there and at times it is as bad as when I was tapering.  One of my most debilitating physical symptoms..

I've done some research and stress/anxiety often causes muscle/nerve pain in the trapizius (sp)/neck area..  Major nerves and blood flow in that area..  I've had times when I could not even move my head..  And the resulting tension would cause tremendous headaches in the lower back of my head..

I have also spoken to many people who have the same type of symptom..

Heat seems to work best for me.. and total relaxation... If I spend too much time with my head in the same position (like looking at the computer screen) it can really make it act up..

Good luck and I hope the pain lessens quickly.

BB2

Yep, me too. I had that neck thing forever. Heat did indeed offer some relief, so did my hand massager.

I also did this easy seated at your desk yoga practice every day that I woke with that benzo stiff neck.

Its really easy, give it a go.

Happy Healing, BB's

Sarah :smitten:

I have had severe neck pain on one side of my neck off and on for months. It seems to get much worse with stress and exertion.

yes same here...neck pain comes along whit the rest for the sjhit...tinitus-neck pain-muscle spasms is typical if i get a small setback,even after 18 mounths benzo free

earlyer in the stage the neck pain was really bad....and other joints also felt like sjhit at one point

Wow I thought I was the only one.the back of my head has 2 spots that I can pinpoint that hurt like hell.it goes into the back of my neck also.some days are the worst and I have to go to sleep to get rid of pain.Tylenol kind of helps but barley.

Here's a question for all of you regarding the neck pain..

When I get the stiffness and pain, it travels to the lower portion of my head and feels like a fullnees (pressure thing) and at the same time I get foggy, sort of dizza and I feel sort of confused...  Does anyone have the cognitive stuff at the same time?  Makes me worry about a tumor or something..

Thanks, BB