()() Amitriptyline Question ()()

[Bo...]

Hello Everyone,

I have been drug free for about 4 1/2 months now.. With the exception of Amitriptyline...

When I was 2 months into my taper (about 9 months ago) my doctor put me on 10mgs of Amitriptyline due to severe headaches and neck pain... It worked to a degree.. Recently, because of heart palps, the doctor told me to drop the Amitrip..  About 4 weeks ago, I started to drop the Amitrip... I went to 7 1/2 mgs for a week, then 5 mgs for 3 weeks and now I'm at 2 1/2 mgs... Now, I'm feeling really, really bad...... (shaking/tremors increased, uncoordinated, jerky movements, brain fog increased along with a other symptoms)..  I'm wondering if  this Amitriptyline reduction is causing this or what?  The reason I dropped the Amitrip is because of heart palps and the heart paps are the only thing that have actually stopped... 

Has anyone experienced anything like this with such a small dose of Amitriptyline..?    I feel as bad as I did when I first jumped off..  Did I drop to quick?  Can it even be the Amitriptyline. ?  Is it just a 4 1/2 month wave?  Help!

Thank You,,

I have been on amitrip. and was told I could just stop it which I did.

Not for long though as the withdrawl for me was worse than benzos.

Have a feeling it was smaller then 10mgs too.

I had to taper it real slow

Thanks... OK then, I'm not nuts.....  : )

I dropped from 10mgs to 71/2 mgs in 3 days.. Then to 5 mgs 4 days later...  So, I cut my dose in half in about a week... Then all hell broke loose..

I stayed on 5mgs for about 3 weeks.. Now I'm on 2 1/2mgs...    My neck/head is killing me... My body movements are jerky...  Having some speech problems and stuttering a bit....  The jerky movement and speech stuff never happened during the benzo drop and even 3 months after..

But, at least I'm not nuts...  : )

Thanks... BB2

ADs are one those things that doctors confuse me over. They say they aren't "addictive" like benzos, but you still need to wean yourself off them. Well, if you need to wean yourself off them, surely that means that they create a dependency?

My p-doc switches people to Prozac to help wean off AD's - dunno if that's something that is an option or would help.  I personally haven't done it, so I can't vouch for it.  :-\