heart meds and benzos

[ar...]

Not 100% sure but I believe the propranolol I'm taking for tachycardia is making things worse for me. I'm hypotensive and beta blockers (like propranolol) decrease my blood pressure to levels I am uncomfortable with. Not to mention other side effects like shortness of breath, muscle pain, joint pain, pins and needles, itching that can be from either the propranolol or benzo w/d.

Either way, it sucks. Wish there was an easy way out of this mess.

Blessings,

Amy

Many of the BP medications can cause dizziness and aches, and GI problems.  Metoprolol made me feel kind of crazy.

I take a very low dose of Nebivolol now (low because I am on an SSRI which interferes with metabolism of Nebivolol).  It works very well for me.  I was scared because it slowed my heart rate from an average of about 65 to 45.  But doctors say this is okay, and it keeps BP down but allows me to exercise.  And the sexual side effects are minimal.

Labetalol worked okay for me but I could not exercise much on it.  The ACE inhibitors and ARB work well at keeping BP low, but make sex impossible, and seem to cause some muscle aches.

Good luck.