Vertigo and "Rocky boat" sufferers please help!

[Ma...]

Hi everyone, hope everyone is healing.

At 6 months off Vertigo/RB feeling started. Then the twitching go really bad (twitching all over, blinking, stuttering, cannot sit still). When ever the vertigo/RB happens the twitching or tweaking as I call it gets worse.

I had a 12 hour window and 5 day window when most of it all went away at the 9 month mark. Now almost a year the vertigo/Rb is really bad. And thus the twitching. I know I was on a lot (5-10 mg of Klonopin for 8 years :( )but wow it really is bad. I have not gotten a window or any relief months 10-11-12. ugh. Anyone else have this feeling and heal from it? Can you please share? Thanks everyone!

Max,  This has been ongoing for me for a while, and I'll be glad when it goes away, as I sure you will too!

My rocky boat  and twitching started in tolerance withdrawal and has continued since my cold turkey 10 mo ago, although it is much better most days.  I don't find any connection between the rocky boat and twitching..but maybe that's just me.    I think my diet affects  the rocky boat, and I know it's worse when my sleep is bad.    Have you changed any meds, you diet, anything?  Have you  had anything else going on like a cold or an infection that could contribute, or have you been checked out by your doc?

Healing thoughts...

Sunnyside

In had this for a long time.started when i was about 6 months of benzo.could it be adrenalin...would an antihistomine do anything to help vertigo or rocky boat.dosnt balence come from the ear..............chrissy

In had this for a long time.started when i was about 6 months of benzo.could it be adrenalin...would an antihistomine do anything to help vertigo or rocky boat.dosnt balence come from the ear..............chrissy

They prescribe antihistamines and anticholinergics (all the first generation antihistamines have anticholinergic properties) for vertigo, motion sickness and related symptoms. My mother uses meclizine for vertigo. Balance is also regulated by the cerebellum in the brain.

Thanks everyone.

Yeah I don;t know why but for me the tweaking as I call it comes when the rocky boat comes. When I had my first wave of really bad symptoms at 6 months the first thing I noticed was the massive rocky boat feeling. Then when I had my windows , the windows ended with the rocking boat feeling coming back then the tweaking.

My addiction doc gave me some Vertigo medicine (Mec-a-somthing) and it did not alleviate it. Just added a drained feeling on top of it. I think it is WD and not true vertigo as that medicine or things like benadryl and anti histamines might have worked.

Gosh this is awful. This far out I could not imagine it getting worse before better. I pray it does get better. I do realize I was on a boat load of Klonopin. My doc offered to stop the suffering with a Librium taper. I wont do it because I recall when I detoxed of klonopin I was home for two days before going to rehab for alcohol abuse (No other drugs) when I got to rehab they so how bad I was and put me on a Valium taper. As soon as I was on Valium BOOM I was much better. I dont want to go back on and have a  taste of normalcy and go back to WD again.

Thanks agaiN!

I'm 13+ and am in day 6 of a horrible wave - worst sx boaty dizziness.  I thought this sx has all but gone... only spaciness for past many months.  I'm in shock how bad this hit me.  Although I also know that it will pass.  From what I've read and from the BBs who have reached out to me this is normal.

Hang in there.