Anyone experience thyroid med too high?

[ho...]

I'm suspicious that the anxiety and heart pounding I'm experiencing are due to levothyroxine dose and not withdrawal from clonazepam.

My TSH is at the lower end of normal and my own doctor admitted last July that for some people that could be too low and could be making me hyper, but didn't offer to have me try reducing my dose.

Today I saw different doctor who also said it could be too high a dose, but didn't want to interfere in what my doctor had prescribed.

A couple weeks ago, I skipped doses and didn't take whole dose and felt better. I've since gone back to full dose and feeling so wired.

I have been taking ashwagandha which helps the thyroid and think that may be why I need a lower dose.

But I did cut recently from .1875 mg of clonazepam to .125 and maybe that was too big? It's a little more than 10%.

Otherwise my taper has been going smoothly.

I'm NEVER sleepy, but know I'm exhausted. Have been blaming it on withdrawal, but wondering if it's the thyroid med?

Thanks for this post!  I am taking thyroid meds and my doc quit on me, leaving me to decide myself what to do.  I have a really hard time sleeping,but I am exhausted most of the time.  I am on a low dose I think, but I am notoriously sensitive. I have taken ashwaganda and I think I will try that instead of the thyroid which had been halved anyway... hopefully I will pull off a miracle and find a decent doctor soon and get all these things checked! (almost impossible in this area...)  I hope it works out for you!  Good luck!  I know how it is to be exhausted and not able to sleep!!  I wake up at 3am if I'm lucky... 2 to 5 hours max a night and not good sleep...so hard to function that way!  So I understand. At least here, we are in this together and can help and encourage each other!

Hey, Thanks for posting this. I am sure there are a lot of us on daily thyroid medication. My TSH has been steady at 1 on my thyroid medication. I was forced to go CT in October and my TSH quickly went up to 2.5, which is still therapeutic, but it was scary how quickly my TSH went up. My doctor increased my medication by having me take it 7 days a week, instead of 6 days a week. My TSH quickly adjusted and I am now back at my steady 1.0 TSH. My endo doctor wants to lower my TSH to keep me slightly hyper...(~0.5 to .02).

I am afraid to take the higher dose because it made me feel bad in the past. I have been CT since October...I am still having a lot of symptoms...I am better, but occasionally I will have an anxiety attack, and I am sure being hyper would make this worse...So I think I will take the lower dose every other day and alternate with the higher dose to avoid making these symptoms any worse...I have enough going on..I don't want anything to make my symptoms worse...

I had a low sodium level of 129 too...It felt like my brain was being "sucked out of my head"...but that is another post....

Thank YOU both for posting. It's good to talk to someone dealing with the same thing.

lostme, the product I'm taking is called Thyroid Helper by Wellness Resources and it also has guggal, L-tyrosine, selenium and manganese. If you're on a low dose of thyroid med, it just might get your thyroid working better and you could get off the med.

And causingpain, I'm at 1.8 TSH, or was in July.  I swear I feel better in the high end of the range and TSH of 1.8 is too low for me.

I so long for having a sleepy moment.

I can't see my MD until mid-January, so I'm going to stop it for a couple of days and go down 1/2 dose and see if I start getting sleepy. If not, then it might be clonazepam withdrawal causing this.

Good luck to us.