Gaba and magnesium supplements

[Su...]

Just read an article that says for anxiety taking 500 mg of gaba 3 times a day and magnesium oxide 400 mg twice a day can aleviate panic and anxiety.  Does anyone know if this is true?  Can it help in tapering?  Do you have to be very careful of where you buy your gaba supplement?  Thanks!

summer you have to be careful with gaba - and this is why.

as you are going through withdrawals you want your OWN gaba receptors to repair - if you rely on just gaba powder/pills to get you through then you will RETARD your natural healing or repair of your gaba receptors.

so yes gaba is a great supplement for those really hard times - but it is best not to get too used to it. ;)

magnesium no problem make sure it is the right kind of magnesium though - there are different magnesium supplements and yes magnesium is a great supplement in so many ways.  i take it daily - the american diet is deficient in magnesium.

Thanks Silver.  I thought it sounded too simple of a solution.  I thought that maybe the gaba would help repair the receptors, but I guess not.  What kind of magnesium supplement do you take?  I need magnesium anyway cause I have IBS.

i think mag citrate is the best - but i take a one pill with mag/zinc/cal all in one from Walgreen's.

i am starting to take it transdermaly - mag in excess can be hard on your kidneys.