can't believe but it's over

[pr...]

Hi  Everyone,

My story started 4 years ago when I  got tolerance withdrawal from Klonopin after 15 years of low dose (which I thought safe)

After many months of  - What's wrong with me - my doc literally CT-ed me from Klonopin and all hell broke loose. After a few months I reinstated on a low dose of diazepam but the damage has been done already.

I have had every nasty symptoms either physical and mental, from crippling depression to panic attacks agoraphobia , nerve pains etc.

It was so bad my marriage almost ended because of it. I was so miserable I couldn't work for two years.

The good news is after more than 3 years my last dose I'm healed..I sleep well, working, enjoying my life without anxiety.

Please don't get discouraged if your wd last long it will end eventually.

Hello prancso,

Believe it, it is over!! Congratulations to you on your healing.  Thank you so much for posting this so others will see that wellness will happen, it just might take a while.

Enjoy your healthy life.

pianogirl

Hi Teri,

I am so happy to read your success story.  After 3 long years...you really feel healed ?  :yippee:

You left a message for me on The Post Benzo Withdrawal thread that Vertigo started....to let me know that your gastritis had healed...and all of your other digestive symptoms.  Thank you !

I would like to ask you what medication you took while you were suffering with gastritis..and how long did you have to take it ?  Also, how long did the gastritis last ?  You mentioned a gluten free diet, I think.

You give me so much hope that this will all end someday.  Thank you for taking the time to write your success story.

Sunny girl :hug:

Thank You so much for taking the time to come back and tell us your story and how you healed. Success stories like this is just what I needed to hear. It really gives me hope.

Thank you for this.  I am 32 months out so this gives me hope.  You endured a lot, I know how hard it is for those of us who have been at this for such a long time.  Thanks again for taking the time to come back and post.

Hi Teri,

I am so happy to read your success story.  After 3 long years...you really feel healed ?  :yippee:

You left a message for me on The Post Benzo Withdrawal thread that Vertigo started....to let me know that your gastritis had healed...and all of your other digestive symptoms.  Thank you !

I would like to ask you what medication you took while you were suffering with gastritis..and how long did you have to take it ?  Also, how long did the gastritis last ?  You mentioned a gluten free diet, I think.

You give me so much hope that this will all end someday.  Thank you for taking the time to write your success story.

Sunny girl :hug:

Hi Sunny girl,

I took PPI-s for two months after my endoscopy bu the side effects were awful so I stopped to take it. I changed my diet to gluten and dairy free and the pain slowly went away...it didn't happen right away it took long months to notice any improvements.

I didn't have a follow up endoscopy since then so I don't know how my chronic gastritis had progressed..I have no pain though.

I PM-ed you

Teri

So good to hear that you are healed at 3 years...that gives many of us so much hope....those of us that are past two years and still dealing with it all.  I too, like you, was on a low dose for a long time...and thought for sure I would heal quickly.  Not to be....but your posting makes me more optimistic.  Thank you for taking the time and coming back to reassure us.

Hoping

Oh boy Pransco.. your posting was such a boost to those of us

still suffering.

Thank you SO much for coming back to post,

& to give hope to all of us,

Gracias gracias, gracias...

margaretisabel

• 2 weeks later...
[86...]

Thank you for this.  I am 32 months out so this gives me hope.  You endured a lot, I know how hard it is for those of us who have been at this for such a long time.  Thanks again for taking the time to come back and post.

cant imagine waiting that long............

2 months here..

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge.

Oh... how wonderful this is always to read.  Thank you for writing this, it gives hope to one and all, that it does truly occur.  Blessings to you with your "new life"...  Pattylu

Thanks for this ......

Many of us are waiting for our healing and some of us took klonopin for so long.... ( 9 years at a low dosage).

I feel some times this is not goin to end ever and get so depressed.....

But this story make think that some day it will change and that I have to keep my faith until that day....

Thanks a lot for this hope for us.

Hi Pransco,

Thank you for coming back and posting of your healing.  I read all of your post and found reading of your journey encouraging.  You ever get validated from your drs that the sxs that they were doing all those test on must be benzo related?  It doesn't matter, we know what they were, especially since most of them have disappeared on their own without any medication intervention. 

At one point you were having acupuncture treatments.  Did you find them helpful or after a time trail saw no benefits?

Are you still on a gluten and dairy free diet?  Or as time has gone on were you able to return to a normal diet? 

I'm so happy for your healing and really appreciate your taking your time in coming back.

May 2013 be a wonderful year for you,

Sally  :angel:

Bless you for sharing hope.  Thought I had my life back and then a fall , broken wrist with surgery and some very bad meds for three months that put me back or worse than before. 

All I needed tonight was some hope for the future--

So happy for you

Anything is possible

Grace happens

Blessings

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for sharing your story. It really encourage me :)

I have been struggling so much with so many symptoms mentally and physically.

I can't often go out.

When I am out I often feel dissociation. I everyday feel nausea and whole body pain.

My panic attack and anxiety is horrible.

I hope I can get off from Benzo someday.