TP how are you doing now post neurontin?

[...]

My benzo brain is a little to fried to read the entire thread, I am so sorry... but I am really interested in how you're feeling and such.

Why were you given the neurontin to begin with by the way?

I was given it to keep my sleep "cohesive" - I started around 300 mg and built up to 900 or more... I am tapering it by 100 mg every month. It's SOOOO freaking addictive!  I have been on it 9 years or so... I think.. I can never remember things and it looks like I'm lying all the time but really my memory is just crap.   My sleep is turning ot crap too - it used to be pretty good but w/o the high dose of neurontin i wake up a lot just like i did before i started.

Anyway, I am having a mildly hard time tapering klonopin and neurontin together - even at the SUPER slow pace i am going.  I know people recommend only doing 1 drug at a time but I am literally going slower than any person in history.    I just thought if you were feeling better it would give me some encouragement.  :)  I am at 500 mg now... but I updosed tonight for the first time ever..  I am still awake at 8 am... ARGGGGGGG!

Btw - I have felt quite a bit better from fish oil, vitamin D, calcium, and magnesium... I dont think these things are placebo.  I am on vacation now and left my supplements at home and can feel the problems...Fish oil is really pretty amazing I think.

Thanks

Hi Jack,

Tony will be around, but I can tell you he is doing pretty well  after his neurontin wd. I know he had a hard time with it, but I believe is fine now. :)

As for wding two at a time, I did klonopin and seroquel at the same time. I had a few bad days, but it was manageable for me. This is not saying it's manageable for everyone. The best thing for anyone to do is try it if they want to, and stop one if it doesn't work.

My benzo brain is a little to fried to read the entire thread, I am so sorry... but I am really interested in how you're feeling and such.

Why were you given the neurontin to begin with by the way?

I was given it to keep my sleep "cohesive" - I started around 300 mg and built up to 900 or more... I am tapering it by 100 mg every month. It's SOOOO freaking addictive!  I have been on it 9 years or so... I think.. I can never remember things and it looks like I'm lying all the time but really my memory is just crap.  My sleep is turning ot crap too - it used to be pretty good but w/o the high dose of neurontin i wake up a lot just like i did before i started.

Anyway, I am having a mildly hard time tapering klonopin and neurontin together - even at the SUPER slow pace i am going.  I know people recommend only doing 1 drug at a time but I am literally going slower than any person in history.    I just thought if you were feeling better it would give me some encouragement.  :)  I am at 500 mg now... but I updosed tonight for the first time ever..  I am still awake at 8 am... ARGGGGGGG!

Btw - I have felt quite a bit better from fish oil, vitamin D, calcium, and magnesium... I dont think these things are placebo.  I am on vacation now and left my supplements at home and can feel the problems...Fish oil is really pretty amazing I think.

Thanks

Hi Jack

I was on Neurontin a little over a year. It was supposed to be for anxiety and to prevent benzo withdrawals. I was on 1600 mg (4 by 400) per day at one point. I first dropped one daytime dose because I couldn't handle dosing up 4 times a day. Then I accidentally (in all honesty) told my doc I was on 300 mg 3 times daily (when it was really 400 mg), and so he prescribed that. Then 3 times daily seemed too much to handle so I just started taking it morning and night. By this time it seemed to me that the reductions were making no difference (though I'm sure it was in hindsight). Then I cut out the morning dose and finally the night dose. It was at least a month between each cut but very random. I didn't notice any effect till the last cut. Then I went into a Valium-like withdrawal that lasted a solid three and a half weeks. I thought it would never stop but I was determined not to reinstate. Now, 6 or so weeks later, I am in my third week of experiencing a window that feels about as normal as one can get for a benzo head. I feel the Neurontin withdrawals are behind me and anything I experience from now on will be purely Valium-related. My head has cleared quite a bit and I am able to concentrate and commit things to memory like I haven't for years.

I hope that helps in some way. Suffice it to say that the Neurontin w/d s/x only lasted between 3 and 4 weeks.

Good luck.

Tony

Thanks for the info.  That sounds promising... I'll have to jump off the drug when I have 4-6 weeks to kill... or at least 4-6 weeks that wont kill me!  (with stress or work or whatever.)

Thanks again.

Thanks for the info.  That sounds promising... I'll have to jump off the drug when I have 4-6 weeks to kill... or at least 4-6 weeks that wont kill me!  (with stress or work or whatever.)

Thanks again.

Pleasure, old chap.  :thumbsup: