PAIN

[e4...]

[e4...]

Anyone here in severe pain?

Mine is so horrific...It's like this twisting/pulling in my spine...like tickling as well...and then nerve pain too. I can't really sit up or walk well b/c of it. Starts in my spine and is into my butt and legs. Makes me fill stiff and STUCK...

Anyone else have this??

Hey elocin

Yes i have terrible pain, from the back of my neck down to my feet.. my spine didnt get real bad until a few months ago and now it hurts daily.. :(  I still have the rocky boat feeling too!!!  Thank God i dont have to go out to work, i just couldnt do it...

I am still tapering off Klonopin, and have unrelenting gut pain and back pain, it is terrible and I am getting desparate.  I am depressed.  I try Aleve with little help, and Baclofen which is not great to help with muscle spasms, but it only helps a tad, it is unrelenting, I don't know what to do either.  And I am still trying to make it to work in this pain and fog, better get back to work, I barely am making it, I cried endelessly last night and again this morning I hurt so bad.

You and I are about on the same timeline as far as jumping, and muscle aches/stinging/burning/grabbing are my worst symptom at the moment.  There are days when I can't stand clothing against my skin.  (not a pretty sight  :laugh: )  My skin feels like it is badly sunburned and tight.  It went away for awhile and is now back.  Nothing on this journey is easy...or predictable.

Donna

I too suffer from severe back pain. Mine is related to degenerated discs l4-5. Although I have had this back problem for years the pain has always been baseline and tolerable. Now that I a tapering things are bad. I have more pain in the mornings as I wake up. Feels like a pinched nerve. There is alot of cracking in that area. I feel unfonfortable all day long but the pain lessens as the day goes on, and then start all opver the next morning. Also I have joint pain on my hips and they make weird sounds all the time. I have tried Advil but the withdrawals get worse so I rather take the pain than worsen withdrawals. I hope you feel better soon.

Jake, every single sentence of your post describes my situation exactly.  Even the cracking, mostly at the base of the spine.  It has not gone away since the beginning of my taper 16 months ago, but even at 6 months off Klonopin I still have daily pain.  I have tried everything: PT, chiro, epidural, prednisone , painkillers, acupuncture, none of these have made any lasting improvements.  What has helped me improve is a daily yoga practice based on the MacKenzie exercises.  Most yoga poses will make it worse, but a handful of back extensions (bhujangasana, salabhasana, dhanurasana) have really made my life more tolerable.  I also find meditative breathing to be improving my condition, focusing attention on the tense muscle areas to relieve the tension.  I gave up on chasing doctors and drugs, and I started looking inside.

I keep up the struggle every day and I hope one day I can live a normal life again.  I wish the same for everyone here.