I really hate prozac!!!

[on...]

I can't believe I was on Prozac, while studying the withdrawals of Prozac, I found going to the BR more is a withdrawal symptom, and that is the absolute WORSE symptom I experience, why would those doctors put me on this, knowing that will happen, when I finally choose to w/d.  doctors need to study the w/d of these pills they put people on more, than how they "help" people

It also explains why, I have some problems with dry lips (13 months into the w/d) and sweet on my underarms, doesn't matter if I even have the strongest deodorant on.

I can't believe I was on Prozac, while studying the withdrawals of Prozac, I found going to the BR more is a withdrawal symptom, and that is the absolute WORSE symptom I experience, why would those doctors put me on this, knowing that will happen, when I finally choose to w/d.  doctors need to study the w/d of these pills they put people on more, than how they "help" people

Hi OP,

prozac is definitely a nasty one. At least doctors finally admit there is a such thing as "withdrawal syndrome" from ssri's. When I first started them 6 years ago, they didn't know that, and said you could just go off. But on trying, I knew they had to be tapered and my doc was really surprised and said she never heard that.

I'm glad you are off!!

Hi OP,

prozac is definitely a nasty one. At least doctors finally admit there is a such thing as "withdrawal syndrome" from ssri's. When I first started them 6 years ago, they didn't know that, and said you could just go off. But on trying, I knew they had to be tapered and my doc was really surprised and said she never heard that.

I'm glad you are off!!

I'm glad too.

for me I started all of these in the spring of 2003, and the doctor said, this has less effects and blah blah blah than the older A/D.  I'm still sorta shocked I stopped 4 different psychological medications all at once, and I'm doing as well as I'm doing now.  But I have someone in my life, who treats me very well, reminds me not to worry, listens to me when I'm feeling down, and is there for me, even when I get quite crabby once in awhile for no reason.

But I have someone in my life, who treats me very well, reminds me not to worry, listens to me when I'm feeling down, and is there for me, even when I get quite crabby once in awhile for no reason.

You are very blessed. :)

But I have someone in my life, who treats me very well, reminds me not to worry, listens to me when I'm feeling down, and is there for me, even when I get quite crabby once in awhile for no reason.

You are very blessed. :)

I believe he has helped save my life and my well-being!

• 1 month later...
we have already been through this with drug companies (prozac) now shrinks will cold turkey people off of it - and then say "see what happens when people are not on medication" ::)

we have already been through this with drug companies (prozac) now shrinks will cold turkey people off of it - and then say "see what happens when people are not on medication" ::)

Its not that the person is really unwell, its that the pills make them unwell.

Its not that the person is really unwell, its that the pills make them unwell.

it is the doctors who prescribe them that are really unwell - lets put the blame where it is - those crazy doctors who try to fool us into thinking we are nuts cause we wont take or buy their drugs and stay on them for the rest of our lives - a pusher is a pusher and needs to be called that.

When I was in the hospital they forced me to take Effexor.  Didn't like that stuff at all!!!  Then when I got out I refused to take it anymore.  My psych doc put me on Prozac.  I only made it up to 5 mg before I jumped off.  They wanted me on 20 mg a day.  I was hardly taking any at all...and they credited Prozac for my miracle recovery instead of getting off benzo's.  They said I was profoundly depressed which is what was causing my symptoms.  I hardly think taking 5 mg of Prozac for about a month had anything at all to do with it!!!

Jen

When I was in the hospital they forced me to take Effexor.  Didn't like that stuff at all!!!  Then when I got out I refused to take it anymore.  My psych doc put me on Prozac.  I only made it up to 5 mg before I jumped off.  They wanted me on 20 mg a day.  I was hardly taking any at all...and they credited Prozac for my miracle recovery instead of getting off benzo's.  They said I was profoundly depressed which is what was causing my symptoms.  I hardly think taking 5 mg of Prozac for about a month had anything at all to do with it!!!

Jen

Jen, did you hear about the new study that prozac doesn't work?? :D

Yes, I read about that today.  I'd really like to shove a Prozac up......OK I won't finish that sentence...LOL

Love,

Jen

I remember the doctors saying that I'll be back to my normal self when I'm on these pills (when I first started, for depression and anxiety) the thing is, I wasn't. Before I got on them, I was not aggressive at all, then I'm on all these pills, and find myself having a short temper, and wanting to kill myself, and then people said its just for "attention" and that I'm not in no way depressed or what ever, as I'm on an antidepressant. Bull!

Sorry had to vent a little about this subject.

Becky

Effexor made me VERY aggressive.  When I was in the hospital...long story short...they took away one of our "smoking breaks".  That was the one thing I looked forward to every day in that hell...was getting outside for ten minutes and having a smoke.  When they did that...I really really really wanted to hurt the nurse who took it away.  I mean I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted to like...KILL her!!  LOL  I told my psychiatrist this and that it was not normal for me to have such strong feelings like that.  Know what she said..."Good...you are getting in touch with your feelings and are starting to let them flow".  I told her I wanted to kill someone...and she says good.....geeezzzzzzzz

Jen

Effexor made me VERY aggressive.  When I was in the hospital...long story short...they took away one of our "smoking breaks".  That was the one thing I looked forward to every day in that hell...was getting outside for ten minutes and having a smoke.  When they did that...I really really really wanted to hurt the nurse who took it away.  I mean I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted to like...KILL her!!  LOL  I told my psychiatrist this and that it was not normal for me to have such strong feelings like that.  Know what she said..."Good...you are getting in touch with your feelings and are starting to let them flow".  I told her I wanted to kill someone...and she says good.....geeezzzzzzzz

Jen

wow, that was nice of her to say. But I understand that.

I once took a steriod as one night I had an adverse reaction to zyprexa, when I tried 5mg, and not my usual 2.5. I remember when I took the steriod, I felt full of energy, happy and joyful, then after I took the last dose (5 day dose) and discontinued it,  I had some severe mood swings, and accually asked my dad to bring me to the emergency room, and he did, they said, they wanted me to go back to see my doctor (forgot what happen after that)  That was a very hard week for me, VERY HARD!!!  I was ready to just break my hand by punching a wall as hard as I could, as I was so mad.

it is both great and scary to be more knowledgeable then your doctors - i am seriously considering cancelling my insurance so i can afford to treat myself.

it is both great and scary to be more knowledgeable then your doctors - i am seriously considering cancelling my insurance so i can afford to treat myself.

That defently true Silver!

lol, i wish the quacks would try a benzo for 3 months and try to get off them, to just see what its like to go though a withdrawal. Than they will know!