Help!

[Su...]

Hi everyone,

Have been on 1 mg of xanex.  Today I had to go over a long, monstrous bridge.  I got stuck on the bridge and couldn't cross over - couldn't turn back either as you either have to go over the 17 mile bridge or are stuck.  Pulled the car over where you aren't supposed to pull over.  A road rescuer truck stopped.  In the mean time, I was on my cell talking to my anxiety counselor.  He couldn't talk me out of my panic attack.  I had my xanex with me.  I had gone down to 1 mg xanex a day.  Knew I couldn't get off the bridge so began taking xanex.  Took dosages way higher than my 1 mg.  Took 4 mg of xanex to be able to get off the bridge.  A policeman pulled over after I explained to the road rescuer it was anxiety and I should be able to get off the bridge in 20 to 25 minutes.  Didn't want to tell the policeman I knew I would be able to drive over the bridge if I took my xanex in case driving under the influence of xanex could get me put in jail.  I would have asked that the cop drive me over the bridge if there were 2 cops one to drive my car and the other one to follow me.  Anyway, to make an over long story short, can I still go back to 1 mg/day after taking 4 mg one day with no problem?  Thanks anybody and everybody.

Summer,

That was a whopping dose you had to take.  But it was a one time thing.  The xanax is already leaving your body.  I don't think it will set you back in your taper.  Just forget about the bridge and go forward, OK?

Hi Christine,

Thanks for telling me that.  I was hoping I could just go back to taking 1 mg tomorrow.  One thing I do know now is that my old prescribed dose of 4 mg/day feels a lot stronger after you haven't taken that dosage in months and months.  What do I do on Thursday when I have to take a sick friend to see a doctor over that same bridge that even normal people get nervous on?  Don't want to take more xanex to do it, but don't think I can do it without the xanex.  Should I ask her to get someone else to drive her?

Summer

wow sounds like that experience was a nightmare and then some - one time no problem - just calm yourself down and try not to put yourself in a situation were you might have to cross a long bridge.

a 17 mile bridge takes a leap of faith - i crossed a really long on in florida - could not see the other side - i was afraid there was no road where i was going or the bridge might open up on me. 

call your friend now so they can make other arrangements.

Should I ask her to get someone else to drive her?

Summer

I agree with Silver. Don't risk your own sanity and your tapering.

But you should be fine after a one day updosing. ;)

Thanks Christine, Silver and Linda,

I will call my friend and see if she has somebody else to take her.  I know if I had to try it again on Thursday, I would ruin my taper again cause most likely I would have to at least take 2 mg to drive over the blasted bridge.  Thanks so much!

Summer

Dave,

Yes, I'm so frustrated at having to take the extra xanex.  I saw no way out.  The copy was sitting behind me until I could go on again.  2 mg might have worked, but popped a couple more just to make sure.  I made it O.K., but was sleepy by the time I got home.  It's kind of funny, but taking 4 mg at once lasts a lot longer than the 4 hours.  In fact it's lasted at least 8 hours so far.  Tommorow I will go back to 1 mg.  Congratulations on your cut by the way!  I'm kind of wondering how long it will be even after I stop the benzos to be able to go over that bridge.  Glad to have read that you were getting out more even at your low dosage of xanex.  Keep up the good work!

Summer