Bloat, Distension, Abdominal Pain.

[Bo...]

I've heard from a few BBs and I'm still very concerned..  How typical is the bloated stomach feeling and the abdominal pain?... I have also had consistent light yellow colored stools - not diarhea, but soft (about 2 months)... Is this just something to work through..  A few people have mentioned Celiac Disease.. I'm 53 yrs old and I never had this before benzo's...  Any input would be appreciated...  Thank You BB2

Hi B

maybe you should go for test first .  Also diet , if bluberies you know collor , if pineapple is  yellow etc .

Maybe diet .

Bloat etc I have on 16 months , but less then before , no pain , i can tell is getting better  with time .

:smitten:

Thank You for your responses.. .. I'm hoping it's nothing serious- just benzo's..  Stomach hurts from bottom right up to top ribs... No matter how I move, I feel it.. and the yellow stools really scared me... (I went for an abdominal CT Scan and they saw nothing - and I'm going for an upper endoscopy soon)..  I've been dealing with all the other "stuff", but this on top of it has pushed me over the edge... Love to hear from anyone who's had it and it went away... and hopefully it's just benzo's..  Thank You,  BB2

BoccB,

I've had yellow stools and also the stomach pain in the same place you have yours.  I hear it's one of the symptoms of withdrawal from benzos.  I'm not sure what causes the stomach pain, but I hear that a lot of it is caused by gastric problems, or what you eat, gas, and sometimes it accompanies a adrenaline surge.  It comes and goes.  Tho' it's good that you are having it checked out. 

Hope you feel better.  Hang in there.  This too will pass.

Woe

Thanks Erika, Jasmine & Woe....  Anyone out there who has had it go away with time? .  .  .  Is there anything we can do to make it less?  I'm trying to take gluten out of my diet, but it's not making much difference..

Yes I have this as well. The bloat is worse as the day goes on. I do take Gasx but not sure it does much. I feel uncomfortable all the time. Look like a beer belly but no beer and no fat just bloat.  It makes my waste inches bigger. Just benzo withdrawals. Good luck.

Thanks Jas and RCR...    RCR,  your discription sounds just like me..  I start out OK, then my belt is too tight by the end of day...  Not to be graphic, but have you experienced the yellow light stool stuff?  (That's what has me worried)...  Thx  all... BB2

BoccB. Yes I have had the yellow brown poop most of my withdrawal. I would not worry about it. It is odd but I feel the least of our worries. I am sure it is a absorption or bile issue related to messed up digestion from the benzos. I am sure it will go away when this is all over.  Sometimes food coloring will effect color.. Oreos was making it look dark black for a while. With stomachs as bloated as our it's not working right not not mention the constant stressful state.  I think we just move the food to fast thru our systems. hope this helps.

BoccB,

Remember there are GABA receptors everywhere in your body.  Your core muscles that hold your abdomen together as well as the organs of the abdomen itself.  I used to have a six pack.  Now not so much!  I am training my core again, but the distended belly flares up and recedes.  My baseline is getting better over time.  I am sure yours will too.

Good luck,

Ramcon1

BoccB,

Remember there are GABA receptors everywhere in your body.  Your core muscles that hold your abdomen together as well as the organs of the abdomen itself.  I used to have a six pack.  Now not so much!  I am training my core again, but the distended belly flares up and recedes.  My baseline is getting better over time.  I am sure yours will too.

Hi ramcon,  Thanks..  The muscles on the left low side of my abdomen feel strange (like my left oblique).. It's interesting how you said the abdominal muscle has GABA.. To me it feels like a muscle problem down thetre and an organ problem on the upper left side..  The best way I can describe it is -Lower left side feels like my muscles dont want to hold my organs in..  BB2

BoccB,

Hi ramcon,  Thanks..  The muscles on the left low side of my abdomen feel strange (like my left oblique).. It's interesting how you said the abdominal muscle has GABA.. To me it feels like a muscle problem down thetre and an organ problem on the upper left side..  The best way I can describe it is -Lower left side feels like my muscles dont want to hold my organs in..  BB2

Hi  B

I have this too , left side under rib , like extra muscle  big like hand is stuck under . Some days is there , some no . some days pain , is gas for me , pepernmint tea  calm this down .

I had  done all test , everything is good  and I am 16 months off .

Af

ter 12 years , so I think one more year  should be ok .

I am only at .5 just dropped from 1mg and I quikly noticed the Bezo Belly, which is what I call it. Very Swollen, pulled tight very hard to bend over. Its very uncomfortable and painful to bend over.

To be honest I  would welcome the funny color or any color, well you get the point. Just to ease the pain of the Swollen tight  Painful Belly.

I started talking Relora, only started today so nothing I can report as of yet but I will let you know if t helps.

Hang in there.....I have posted all over this site about Benzo Belly apparently its part of the w/d I can't stand it. Nothing fits I look prego but No baby in there just benzo belly. I swear I will die if someone ask me if I am prego.. :-[

Thanks Mis,    Yep... I hear you... It is a strange feeling..  My abdominal muscles feel torn or something.. You hang in there and we'll all keep each other posted..  BB2

Just FYI relora has magnolia bark which acts on the benzo GABA A receptors. It works great but will slow healing. I was on it my whole taper and just recently stopped. My anxiety spike when I did. It's great for lower cortisol. Best of luck.

BoccB,

When you get your report back from the Dr. and it is normal, chalk it up to adrenaline surges.  It's usually something you ate that you shouldn't have, or it could be gastric problems which is normal for withdrawal.  I've just had 5 straight days of surges, stomach pain, breathlessness, heart palps.  It's to the point that I don't worry too much about them anymore.  It's nerve racking but I just try to ride them out.  :tickedoff:  It's when I get a new symptom that I post here like you, to see if others have had the same sxs.I have the other problem that you don't have .... constipation, and I have a problem no matter what I take for it.

You're still early out from your jumping point, so it's hard to say when it will subside.

I pray that you will heal quickly.

Woe