Short Term Xanax - long term withdrawal

[kc...]

I started on xanax after an issue that was causing me a lot of anxiety.  I'd never been on a benzo, pain killer or antidepressant before.  Over 3 months I took 25 pills - mostly half a .25 dose every other day.  I never increased my dose, which was why I began withdrawal almost immediately after starting.  I will fill in my story soon, as the symptoms I had were horrendous.  I stopped cold turkey on August 3rd.  Most of my symptoms are now gone, however, I still have eye pain daily and extreme light sensitivity in my eyes.  I've been checked twice, and the opthamologist says he doesn't see anything wrong.  Does anyone else experience this?

kcraleigh

Hi kcraleigh,

Welcome to Benzobuddies :)

Congratulations on being benzo free!  That's wonderful that you are nearly fully recovered.  I'm sorry that you have a few lingering problems.  It's good that you have found the forum.  Here you can find people who have shared a similar journey to you and check in with them about their experience. 

If you begin a thread in the Withdrawal & Recovery Support board about your eye problems the members there will be able to chime in with their experience.  Here is a link for you http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=55.0 Certainly all sorts of eye problems have been reported during withdrawal and into the recovery phase. 

We do hope that you gain answers to your queries here and that you find it encouraging to be among those who understand what you are going through.

We would like to hear more of your story when you are ready.

If you have questions please ask, we will do our best to answer them.

Welcome aboard.

Betsy xxxx