METALLIC TASTE IN MOUTH AND CHEST TIGHTNESS CUTTING DIAZEPAM LIQUID

[te...]

Hi every time i cut which is every 3 weeks i get metallic taste and tight chest lasts for a while its awful anyone else experience this is it normal ? is it the body adjusting to the cut or screaming out for more, anyone recommend anything i can do to ease these sx's.i am on 2ml in morning 1 1/2 ml evening cutting 0.2 every 3 weeks

Thankyou

Terry :)

Hi Terry

The metallic taste is a common complaint, i had the chest tightness too, i went and had a check up it was negative, its always best to seek medical advice just to rule out anything else.

This is from the Ashton Manual.

Sensory hypersensitivity. A characteristic feature of benzodiazepine withdrawal is a heightened sensitivity to all sensations - hearing, sight, touch, taste and smell. When extreme, these sensations can be disturbing. One lady had to stop all the clocks in the house because their ticking sounded unbearably loud; many have had to don dark glasses because ordinary light seemed dazzlingly bright. Some find that the skin and scalp becomes so sensitive that it feels as if insects are crawling over them. Heartbeats become audible and there may be a hissing or ringing sound in the ears (tinnitus - see below). Many people complain of a metallic taste in the mouth and several notice strange, unpleasant, smells which seem to emanate from the body. These sensations, including an unpleasant smell (which usually no-one else can detect) have been described in anxiety states in the absence of benzodiazepines. Like insomnia and panics, they are probably reflections of heightened activity in the central nervous system. Such hypervigilance is part of the normal fear and flight response which is damped down by benzodiazepines but undergoes a rebound during withdrawal.

Magrita

I had the metallic taste when I first started my taper from 40mg valium.  I was so bad

I lost 30 lbs because everything tasted like metal.  Also chest tightness that has

been checked out and everything is normal. This beast we are dealing with can be

relentless.  I am happy to say that at 2.79mg per day now I have less metallic taste but

still chest tightness.  I hope it eases up soon for you.  Have even managed to add a couple

pounds so I don't look like a zipper if I stick out my tongue and turn sideways ;D  :D

Blessings!

Pam