I need help ASAP!

[ch...]

I need help ASAP! (I know not what I do!)

Did forced C/T (thanks to pdoc)  off ativan, it was too horrible!! So I went back on ativan even though it had been two weeks, intending to taper, but I could only get 1/2 mg ativan pills, nothing else, nothing from pharm, docs, etc., this is it.

I started dry cutting. I am down to three doses of 1/4 of 1/2mg pill and one dose of 1/8th of 1/2mg pill for fourth dose each day (24hrs). In one or two more weeks I will cut down one more dose to 1/8th of 1/2mg pill of ativan, until I am only on one dose per day of 1/8th of 1/2mg pill. Is 1/8th of 1/2mg pill in only one dose per day too high to jump off from? I have no idea!

I had a stroke while going through C/T and can no longer do math. So it will have to be titration in MLs, have a 100ML container and some 10ML syringes, and plan to use suspension such as Ensure? Will cut down by 1ML first day and discard, for one week? Then cut 2MLs every day for one week or two weeks? Then up to 3MLs and so on? Dividing what is left after discard into four equal doses for one day?? The 1/2mg tab will be suspended in the 100MLs. I hope that you can understand?

Don't know how to go from here. Need simple instructions from here.

Know ativan does not dissolve in water, it does dissolve in one drop of alcohol, dare I use one drop even?

Also know dry measure cannot be made correctly into liquid measurement. So, just suspend (sort of dissolved) 1/2mg pill in the 100MLs of Ensure or what ever I use, and go from there?

Cannot get anything else from doc or pharm., so what I have mentioned is what I have to work with, period. Is it do-able?

I do not understand the not more than ten per cent cut a month(?) or whatever, 10% of what? As you see, I really need help. Brain is still not working correctly. Thank you so very much. Hope to be all ready to titrate soon, thought I could figure this all out but I can't. Sorry.

Chanetta

Hi Chanetta,

So sorry about the stroke. It sounds like you have a good plan.

There are a few people who use alcohol to dissolve their benzo. I did. I don't see any problem using a ml of vodka.

The 10% is calculated from your current dose.

As i understand it, you're taking 3 doses of .125 (1/4 of .5) and one dose of .0625 (1/8 of .5) for a total daily consumption of .4375. 10% would be .04, not .0625. That 1/8th of a pill cut may be a little steep for you.

If I were you, I would slow down. Once you get that half mg tablet dissolved in 100 ml, then each ml will have .005 mg Ativan. (.5/100). If you want to make a 10% reduction, remove 8 ml of solution and discard it. This will give you a .04 reduction.

There are simpler ways. Personally I like to know what dose i need each time, then just stick my syringe in the solution and draw up what I need. I won't confuse you with that method unless you ask me to..

Hope this makes sense.

Good luck!

Flip

Hi Chanetta.  I love what it says under your avatar. "We are temporarily broken".

Temporarily is the key word there.

I agree with Flip to take it as slow as possible. Flip gave you great advice. You're not alone and it certainly is doable.  Just one day at a time.

Hugs,

Cedar

I came only days away from having a stroke myself during my C/T experience. The Dr. put me on Propranolol very quickly when he examined me (Had me take 40mg right there in the office!)  You are lucky you did not go into a full heart attack.  I still take my blood pressure reading 4 times a day and when I am cutting doses my BP still goes WAY UP so during cuts I take a little extra Propranolol as my Dr. ordered. I have to keep my Diastolic under 90.  Being very consistent with cuts and doses in general helped me stay level.

Also Propranolol is a proven anxiety reliever so my Dr. tells me. It goes right to the source and blocks adrenalin so my Dr. tells me.

There are a few people who use alcohol to dissolve their benzo. I did. I don't see any problem using a ml of vodka.

The 10% is calculated from your current dose.

Hey Fliprain, what proof does the vodka need to be?  80 P ok?

Thanks

BM

Yes Birdman, 80 proof should be fine.  :thumbsup:

Just remember (and I should have mentioned this to Chanetta, but maybe she will see this) to subtract the same number of ml of milk (or whatever you use) as you add vodka. For example in the above scenario, if 1 ml of vodka is being used, then you would use 99 ml milk. I always used 5 ml vodka just for ease of dissolving - then 95 ml of milk would be used.

Actually as I got down in dose and wasn't using much liquid, I went to straight vodka. At the end, I was consuming .1 ml of vodka 2 or 3 times a day to get my .01 mg of Valium. The measurements do get tiny.  :thumbsup:

Flip

Thanks Flip :)

I really like the idea of chemically  "Mortar & pistil-ing" the benzo down to the molecular level with a solvent like vodka.

It should make the benzo dispersion very homogeneous. Also it probably helps preserve the milk too by slowing bacteria growth.

As I get better at this I will try a nice Brandy and see how it goes, after all it's the holiday season ;D

Thanks Again

BM

Chanetta,

For each ml you take out, you will have cut .005. That's a pretty small cut, but it may be what you want to do.

It's about impossible to explain the lines on the syringe to you without seeing it. You could just stick to cuts of 1 or maybe 2 mg, depending on how you do. If you do great, then you might want to increase it.

It seems like you have a patient attitude and are willing to do this slowly. And I assume you have enough tablets to get you through a long and slow taper?

You're right, cutting people off this drug with no warning and no taper is very cruel and sadistic. That shouldn't be legal and probably won't be some day. I'm so glad you've survived and are doing a slow dance down to freedom!

:smitten:

Flip