sensitive teeth

[el...]

Is sensitive teeth a wd sx? I have a history of this, but it's been under control due to occasional home flouride tx.

But since I jumped off seroquel, my teeth are insane!

I can't hardly brush them without screaming and stomping my feet.

Or I could be clenching my teeth more due to wd.

I"ve been drinking lots of tea lately so it may that too.

Has anyone had this?

buy some sensodyne tooth paste - sometimes my teeth are real sensitive to.  i had jaw clenching problems and wore my night guard.

buy some sensodyne tooth paste - sometimes my teeth are real sensitive to.  i had jaw clenching problems and wore my night guard.

Silver, I have Gel Kam, which is a concentrated stannous flouride tooth gel. I have mouth trays to use with that. sensodyne has a very small amount of this. So for my hard case, sensodyne is like spitting on a bon fire to try to put it out, :laugh: 

When I went c/t, on the 3rd day (while hallucinating) I felt a ray of pain go from one tooth to the other.  I knew it wasn't my teeth because this was too weird and even teeth that weren't there any more hurt...

After I reinstated I had painful and sensitive teeth and it continued until just a couple months ago.  I guess it kind of went away without me noticing it...

When I went c/t, on the 3rd day (while hallucinating) I felt a ray of pain go from one tooth to the other.  I knew it wasn't my teeth because this was too weird and even teeth that weren't there any more hurt...

After I reinstated I had painful and sensitive teeth and it continued until just a couple months ago.  I guess it kind of went away without me noticing it...

Hmmm, interesting. It would make sense to be wd related. Since everything is hyperactivated.

Thanks Elwood.  ;)

linda sensydone (not spelled right) deadens pain - it is really good for sore teeth - i use it sometimes - i used it during withdrawals.

floride makes them hard - but just stops decay.

linda sensydone (not spelled right) deadens pain - it is really good for sore teeth - i use it sometimes - i used it during withdrawals.

floride makes them hard - buy just stops decay.

Silver, the active ingredient in sensodyne that deadens the pain is Stannous flouride. That's what Gel Kam is, but in a much more concentrated form. Flouride creates a barrier that prevents the the tooth from being exposed to exterior pain-causing things, like heat and cold, or even brushing.

I tried sensodyne for years with no results, so the dentist gave me gel kam, (along with teeth trays)which  is .4% Stannous Flouride, used to treat sensitive teeth. It works great. IN fact, I did 3 treatments the last 3 days, and my teeth feel better today.

Usually I only have to do 1 or 2 treatments, and I'm good to go for about a month. Sensodyne you have to use everyday, and it didn't touch my sensitivity.

I have a good one for you:  I have been having problems with two teeth in particular as well as overall jaw pain.  Well, one year after having a crown done on one painful tooth, I had a root canal done to kill the tooth, thereby killing the pain as well (in theory).  The root canal and crown did absolutely nothing for the pain so after dealing with this for over a year I had the tooth pulled.  Now I have this big gaping hole in the back of my mouth.  This was just 3 weeks ago.  To my horror, the pain never went away and I still have pain where the tooth WAS!!!  What the....?!?!?  There must be a medical term for this phantom pain.  I am really bummed out.  Now I realize it is probably due to withdrawal from this hellish benzo.  Sorry to hear you have this problem eljay, but I'm glad to know I'm not going insane.

Thomas

I have a good one for you:  I have been having problems with two teeth in particular as well as overall jaw pain.  Well, one year after having a crown done on one painful tooth, I had a root canal done to kill the tooth, thereby killing the pain as well (in theory).  The root canal and crown did absolutely nothing for the pain so after dealing with this for over a year I had the tooth pulled.  Now I have this big gaping hole in the back of my mouth.  This was just 3 weeks ago.  To my horror, the pain never went away and I still have pain where the tooth WAS!!!  What the....?!?!?  There must be a medical term for this phantom pain.  I am really bummed out.  Now I realize it is probably due to withdrawal from this hellish benzo.  Sorry to hear you have this problem eljay, but I'm glad to know I'm not going insane.

Thomas

Thanks Thomas, LOL!

That's funny. But you know what, your nerve where the root had been is probably still sensitized, so give it some time. I had a crown done, followed by a root canal for the unending pain. Just like you almost a year later the tooth still hurt. When I told the dentist. He said "no it doesn't, that's impossible" LOL. It did though. It finally stopped though, kind of out of the blue.

But teeth can have refered pain. Which means you feel the pain in a different area than from where it actually is generating from. It can hurt in an upper tooth, when the problem is actually in a lower tooth. This happened to me.

Linda

if they don't get all the way down - the root is still there and can cause a problem - here let me make a name up for that condition..

phatom molar pain :yippee: there now you have a name for it.

i had jaw clenching problems during withdrawal - i put a mouth guard in at night and that helped.

• 4 years later...
I also have VERY painful teeth too, I'm not sure if it's because I sometimes forget to brush them and do so only once a day, or W/D related, but brushing them is serious torture for me, really, REALLY hurts like hell.