• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Co...]

• [Wh...]

• [Kl...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Colin

I am not sure if that repost by bluemoth was supposed to be funny, but It sure made me laugh.  I am not laughing at what they experienced but, how they relayed it.  It should be in a BB anecdote book.

Thanks

peace

eli

In the medical center I worked at, a fire was identified over the intercom as "Dr. Red", followed by the location. A code blue was "Dr. Blue". A 'developing security situation' was "Dr. Silver".

Don't all head for the exits at once, now... :o

Aweigh

Colin Thank you for posting these and thanks to all who have included more I understand alot that I didn't understand. I also had a few laughs at some of the post That is def med for the soul and body and I found laughter helps somewhat Thanks again Colin for taking the time out to post all these  :thumbsup:   

Imsaved

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I thought SOB was something else.  :laugh:

Tpiroq,

SOB stands for short on brains and it applies to doctors/others who, when presented with

our withdrawal problems choose to be ignorant.

LOVE IT!!!!!! Thank you Ignatious.

• 2 months later...

Most from the Merck Manual Online:

(the benzo entries are my definitions)

ALT, AST: alanine transferase, aspartate transaminase--liver enzymes

bid: 2 times a day

BP: blood pressure  HR: heart rate

C: centigrade, Celsius (temperature)

Ca: calcium  Cl: chloride  K: potassium  Na: sodium  Mg: magnesium

CBC: complete blood count  P: phosphorus

CK: creatine kinase--muscle enzyme

CNS: central nervous system

CO2: carbon dioxide

ECG, EKG: electrocardiogram  (heart)  EEG: electroencephalogram (brain)

F: Fahrenheit (temperature)

GI: gastrointestinal  GU: genitourinary

Hb: hemoglobin  Hct: hematocrit

(all sometimes capitalized) hx: history  dx: diagnosis  tx: treatment  px: prognosis

Rx: prescription    pH: hydrogen ion concentration (acid/base)

ICU: intensive care unit  IV: intravenously  IM: intramuscularly

mg: milligram  mL: milliliter  mm: millimeter

MRI: magnetic resonance imaging

npo: nothing by mouth  NSAID: nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drug

O2: oxygen  OTC: over the counter [non-prescription]

po: by mouth, orally  prn: as needed

qid: 4 X a day  tid: 3 X a day  q4h: every 4 hours  q6h: every 6 hours, etc.

SSRI: selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (anti-depressant)

URI: upper respiratory infection    UTI: urinary tract infection

WBC: white blood cell  RBC: red blood cell

Stat: at once DNR: do not resuscitate  Code Blue: Heart Attack  Code Red: Fire

AD: advance directive (durable power of attorney for health care)

T1/2: elimination half life

AMA: against medical advice (sign out)

bd: benzodiazepine  wd: withdrawal  sx: symptoms

IWS: interdose withdrawal sx [in between doses]

CT: cold turkey; sudden cessation or large dose reduction

in a benzo dependant person. Potentially lethal.

taper: to systematically (and usually slowly) reduce the benzo dose to zero.

titration: to adjust the taper rate according to the body's response.

c/o: a cross over, changing from [usually] a fast acting bd to a slow one

to make tapering easier. Also, changing dosing, as from 3X/day to 4X/day

benzo-wise: medical personnel who either know something about benzos and benzo wd or are willing to learn.

Detox center: a facility using the “narcotic” model of addiction tx for benzo wd. Generally uses a 4-6 week wd period. Dangerous/ineffective for estabished habits.

Iatrogenic: caused by a doctor or medical tx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi

Heater, here ~ Kindling (click on it, it's a link).  Did your Doctor tell you that this is what you are experiencing?  If so, you're not alone.  Me too.  I'm much better now though, you will be too.

Iggy, I liked your definition of ER, haha. 

shalom

eli

Thanks eli. And OMG THATS SCAREY!

I thought kindling was referring to a point that someone gets to, when there're tapering.  Kinda like a stalled state, where nothing is happening. I had to go c/t off Xanax in 2012 and during an 8 month period, every time a wave came, it would be worse and last longer than the one before, till I ended up in the hospital for a couple weeks , because I wasn't getting better but worse and had to reinstate.

If someone goes through that a lot , does that mean your brain is more sensitive or damaged?

This seems so hopeless!

Thanks for responding

Heather

If someone goes through that a lot , does that mean your brain is more sensitive or damaged?

This seems so hopeless!

I'm very sorry for all you have experienced.  It's a horrible thing to have to go through.  'Cruel' is a better way to put it.

My CNS is super sensitive.  I am much, much better now from where I once was and I continue to improve monthly, weekly and daily, and I still have some of my taper to go.  Those closest to me are able to see the improvements much better than I, but I see them too.  I know more intimately what I was once like, and how I am now, and there is a definite difference.  I grieve for the old eli, my ability to "do" like I once did.  Although seeing such gains now gives me great hope in the ones yet to come. 

be well

shalom

eli

This seems so hopeless!

I'm very sorry for all you have experienced.  It's a horrible thing to have to go through.  'Cruel' is a better way to put it.

My CNS is super sensitive.  I am much, much better now from where I once was and I continue to improve monthly, weekly and daily, and I still have some of my taper to go.  Those closest to me are able to see the improvements much better than I, but I see them too.  I know more intimately what I was once like, and how I am now, and there is a definite difference.  I grieve for the old eli, my ability to "do" like I once did.  Although seeing such gains now gives me great hope in the ones yet to come. 

be well

shalom

eli

Eli,

Thank you so much for the insight.

I think I have a very sensitive CNS also and I can absolutely relate with you, about grieving over who I once was also. 

I feel like, I know who I was and am, and all of me has been altered. I pray for the day this truly ends once and for all. This is the darkest place imaginable!!!

It feels like my brain is swollen so bad, it's shattering my skull! Have you ever experienced this?

And what are you tapering off of if you don't mind my asking?

Heather

Eli,

I can absolutely relate with you, about grieving over who I once was also. 

I feel like, I know who I was and am, and all of me has been altered. I pray for the day this truly ends once and for all. This is the darkest place imaginable!!!

It feels like my brain is swollen so bad, it's shattering my skull! Have you ever experienced this?

And what are you tapering off of if you don't mind my asking?

Yes, Yes and Yes.

It all started 19 years ago with a little pill named, Prozac.  He invited his friends to join him, many, many friends, and a host of others too.  After 16 years it was discovered that it was these guys that were making me sick all along.  I've been sending them off one by one and now come this Sunday (God willing), Mr. Val Benzo, is leaving too.  Good riddance to bad company, they truly over stayed their visit.  Finally, "It is finished" Soli Deo Gloria!!!  No more pills.  From dozens to zero. 

God Bless you and keep you

eli

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
I will need to have a breast MRI.  I will need to be given verse (benzo)  short acting.  would this be considered up dosing?  does anyone know if this will effect my taper or make my withdrawals worst?

I will need to have a breast MRI.  I will need to be given verse (benzo)  short acting.  would this be considered up dosing?  does anyone know if this will effect my taper or make my withdrawals worst?

Your question likely will not be seen here.  Could you repost it on the withdrawal board?  I really doubt you need a benzo for an MRI but what do I know?