Trazodone and Remeron for sleep

[28...]

[28...]

Hi,

I am on a Clonazepam taper,  down to. 7 mg now. I have been using Trazodone for about 5 months( I used it on my last taper,and did taper off of it)It has never worked all that great for me, I fall asleep but get up around 2:00 am. and do not go back asleep.It seems likes this taper that I am feeling the side effects of it more,  just feeling groggy in the morning,  hard to think straight, muddling my thinking. I just really want off of it. My doctor wanted me to increase my dose since it was not working, from 25 mg to 50 mg. I asked him if I could try Remeron. I started out at 7.5 mg. It did help me sleep through the night but I hated the side effects,  could hardly function the next day,  felt like I was on some other planet and just so sleepy. Plus I heard it is hard to come off of. I have been sick with a cold,  so I went back to Trazodone,  increased it to 50 mg and took a tiny bit of Remeron,  3.5 mg. It worked I have slept 8 hours or so the past week or so,  but have not been able to function during the day. Last night I just took the Trazodone,  got up at 2:00am and was up all night. I know we are all desperate to find something that works for sleep. I really want off the anti-depressants because of all the side effects,  I know I hate the way Remeron makes me feel,  but it does help with sleep. I know that supplements and herbs interact with Clonazepam,  but I feel strongly that I want OFF ALLL THESE DRUGS!  But I still need sleep. What to do. Any advise or suggestions. I need to function during the day.

Sadiegirl2

Hi

I am also on Remeron and I know what you are saying about how it makes you feel.I am at present on 10.5 mg as it was causing me liver issues,I was also put on Lithium as the Remeron was not working as a AD,that was because I c/t but they would not believe me that was the problem and said I was suffering from

depression,I had restless legs when they put me on it and they said I had agitated depression.

I am now struggling coming off Valium I was on Nitrazepam 10 mg,I also can not wait until I can come off the Remeron.

DD

by the way I took one 150 mg of Trazadone never again