can't find words to describe symptoms

[cm...]

Hi buddies,

Just wondering if I am the only one unable to describe the horrible sensations I am experiencing lately.

I feel some pain, but not the typical ...ouch I hurt my knee ... It's a hybrid of pain, burning, pins and needles and ...something else.

Also, my "headache" feels like a balloon is about to blow up inside my head, but there is also burning and pain in my skull bones and sometimes in my eyes and ...face (talk about creepy).

My chest feels on fire - like I'm breathing in acid, the muscles around my ribcage are sore and burning; not to mention that I get some surges that last seconds ...as if my insides(lungs, ribs, esophagus, etc) are being shocked with a tazer, and my heart decides it's time to skip a beat, I have to force myself to breath ...then all of a sudden I feel painful pins and needles in my hands and feet, and then my brain goes in overdrive...and my body follows.

Lots of times I feel like something hot is moving inside my body - from my chest to my brain, from my belly to my chest, to my legs or arms... I can feel my blood flowing through my veins like acid ...ugh...horrible waves of discomfort...

Most of these symptoms come and go, the headaches, the muscle and joint pains, the pins and needles, the looping intrusive OMG I'm going to die thoughts are with me almost 24/7.

I feel like I'm living a nightmare and no one can seem to be able to convince me that it's the klonopin and not some obscure disease.

I've tried distracting myself: reading, watching tv, breathing exercises, meditation...nothing works. Lately I've lost interest in ...everything, and can't find the motivation to do much, so I spend most of my time in bed praying for these sensations to go away...yeah right ...mind over matter might work when you don,t have benzos in your body!

Going out of the house is out of the question - I don't trust myself to venture out on my own, and when I gather the will power to go somewhere it usually ends up being a short trip because I get those sickening symptoms, I feel that I won't be able to control my body and that I'm going to collapse.

I'll try a new reduction tomorrow as I feel I'm not making any progress at the current dose ... Might as well make another cut. Hopefully I won't be doing something too foolish - given the pills I have, the only cut I can make is from .25 to .1875 (or so) ...cutting those tiny little things in 1/4 takes some special skills. Pharmaceutical companies don't even try to make it easier for us...

Anyway, wish me luck.

Amy

Thanks for the advice. I'll probably hold for another week or so and see how things go.

The joints and muscle pains/aches are the symptoms that worry me the most. I keep thinking lupus or rheumatoid arthritis or some other autoimmune disease (my dr mentioned the possibility at one point but never followed up).

Amy

the only cut I can make is from .25 to .1875 (or so) ...cutting those tiny little things in 1/4 takes some special skills. Pharmaceutical companies don't even try to make it easier for us...

Anyway, wish me luck.

Amy

Man, you are really going through the hedge backwards.

BTW, are you dry cutting?

If you are, this could be why you are having a hard time. If your doses are changing hourly, due to inaccurate dry cutting, this could be hard on you.

I would look at finding a way to insure even dosing.

Anybody else have any thoughts on this?

River

Hi River,

yes I am dry cutting.

My dr doesn't think I have withdrawal symptoms, so he won't help. He just told me to take less klonopin if I want off the drug ?! Spoken like a true doctor....

I found a compounding pharmacy but they need a prescription, so I can't go that way.

My only option for a cut now is to reduce whatever amount i take by 25% increments - 1/4 of a pill -not an exact science by all means. I was lucky enough to convince my current pharmacist to give me 0.25 mg pills as up until recently they were giving me 0.5 mg pills and advise me to cut them in 2 ....gosh I wish I know why they make those pills sooooo tiny. I swear, the diamond on the engaging ring of my pharmacist is bigger than those pills (I know I'm weird...but I couldn't help noticing it).

Thanks for your concern.

Amy