shelf life of valium

[So...]

Does anyone know the real shelf life of valium? Im curioius because I keep emergency doses in my car and on my keychain (yes I am very paranoid) because Im afraid of losing my daily dose container.

Im cutting very slowly, so Im doing fairly well in terms of sx. But I have PTSD from my experience of coming off Klonapin which almost killed me and put me in a state of a psychotic like depression.

This is why I keep emergency doses. Im so afraid that what happened to me before could happen again and that terrifies me. But Im concerned that if I ever do need an emergency dose because I lost my daily container, Im scared that what I have as backup will lose its efficacy and I fear acute wd again.

Thoughts? Please....

Does anyone know the real shelf life of valium? Im curioius because I keep emergency doses in my car and on my keychain (yes I am very paranoid) because Im afraid of losing my daily dose container.

One thing to bear in mind is that if you are keeping doses on a key chain and in your car, they are no longer in the ideal storage setting, i.e. a cool and dry temperature-controlled place, and will lose their efficacy sooner.

It would be advantageous to cycle out these "emergency doses" so they stay fresh.

One thing to bear in mind is that if you are keeping doses on a key chain and in your car, they are no longer in the ideal storage setting, i.e. a cool and dry temperature-controlled place, and will lose their efficacy sooner.

It would be advantageous to cycle out these "emergency doses" so they stay fresh.

Hi thanks, yes I do cycle out the doses on my keychain, but not the dose in my car. That has been there for several months and now Im afraid to cycle then back into my fresh batches. I keep them there anyway just to feel some sense of security. Because Im almost sure they will be fresh enough for me to take and still be effective. I keep them in a sealed tiny plastic bag and then place the sealed bag in a little metal pill box in my glove compartment. Its cold where I am right now so, its almost as if they are being refrigerated.

However, the good news is I read online that the expiration of Valium is about 2yrs past the original script date.

Also worth noting that even very old tablets will still have some efficiency. When they start to lose potency it's a gradual process, not an all or nothing thing.

Your tapering was way to fast cut it down to 10% every  2 weeks Let your body adjust to the change and you will find it very easy that way

Good luck I know its hard You can do it