Being worried about too much while tapering

[ja...]

Have you ever noticed that the things that use to happen, like a cold, or not sleeping, could easily be shrugged off the next day when you weren't on benzos.  While tapering some of us have the tendency always to think the worst.  A cold can easily turn into a life threatening situation, not sleeping can make anxiety so much worse, a rash can become MRSA, etc. etc... think about how many times you do this to yourself.  How many times has it been that awful?  It is of my opinion that when these thoughts crowd in, to simply let them go and not build a story..in other words don't build a story from your anxiety.  So oftentimes, it is fear that undermines our accomplishments and our own abilities to function during withdrawal.  We remember and feel the fear and build on that rather than how far we have already come.  I invite anyone to share any insights on this subject that have helped them.

It will be a good day...It will be a good evening...Relax....I really am healthy and growing healthier.  Each cut I make is another step toward healing.  Janus

I still worry about everything under the sun...just not as much as I did.  I am a born worrier, anyway...thanks to my MOM!!! :laugh:

But I don't get as freaked as I used to and the more I used positive reinforcement and remind myself that these protracted symptoms will gradually fade, as well...I am calmer and calmer about things that happen. :thumbsup:

Janus,

That is so beautiful and true.  Thank you for your words of wisdom.  I am off to bed, if I can think of anything along that line that will be helpful, I will post. 

XXXX

Christine/BlueMoth

I still worry about everything under the sun...just not as much as I did.  I am a born worrier, anyway...thanks to my MOM!!! :laugh:

I got it from my mom too. :laugh:

I got it from my mom too, and ironically now she is trying to help me overcome this.  :laugh: There are 4 subpersonality types we all carry some of us more than others...these all lead to anxiety.....the worrier, the critic, the perfectionist and shoot, I can't remember the 4th one.  I'll post some of that information - I find it very helpful.  Janus

I got it from my mom too, and ironically now she is trying to help me overcome this.  :laugh: There are 4 subpersonality types we all carry some of us more than others...these all lead to anxiety.....the worrier, the critic, the perfectionist and shoot, I can't remember the 4th one.  I'll post some of that information - I find it very helpful.  Janus

HA...I have the 3 you mention so far...pretty sure I will have the 4th, as well. :D

worry is something everyone does to some extent - some people are lucky they have a good critic that guides and puts things into perspective.

i think it falls under problem solving - something i am working on.

HA...I have the 3 you mention so far...pretty sure I will have the 4th, as well. :D

Yep, me too ;D

Yep, me too ;D

:laugh:;)

i think we all face challenges - those that are aware of the challenges may worry more.

i am a firm believer in counseling - i like to stretch my potential - i like to challenge myself and don't do well dealing with all of this on my own - so i am doing cognitive counseling.