visual snow normal

[jo...]

Im sorry to keep posting but i have no other help im getting sick to my stomache thing im going blind or dying each new thing is worse and scarring. Does anyone have visual static vision millions of black dots then white dots like in a snow storm flying all over the place im so scared im getting sick is this normal please please help

Could this be permanent seeing as i already had pulse in the 30s before the sadatives maybe it did brain damage do to not having flow to any place in my body did anyone have this to were they couldnt move when they first woke up. I dont understand why im getting worse or whats going on im so scared. The therapist said i was lucky to be here after this happened.

Hi Josh,

Yes, visual "snow" is a normal (for benzo w/d) symptom.  Please don't be so afraid, you're not dying.

Sometimes we have to go to the doctor and just get these things checked out to be reassured that our fears are just that, fears--which are also generated by benzodiazepine withdrawal.  I know how intense and real these health related fears can be, but they are NOT REAL.  Like you, I had a lot of strange eye symptoms and even thought I might lose my sight.  I had everything checked out, multiple times, and every test they had, and the eye doctor found nothing wrong!  Nothing. 

Also, when did you do your cold turkey?  Please give us a few more details so we can answer your questions.

FYI: my eye symptoms included:  visual snow, blurriness, specks, floaters, flashes, inability to read (follow the lines/words on a page), minor visual hallucinations (a part of, say, a landscape seeming to "crawl" like a ticker tape), visual distortions, and many others.  ALL of these are known benzo w/d symptoms.  At 7 months off all are much, much better now.

Take care,

megan

Im cant stop thinkn how i feel like im dying going blind all these symptoms how its so hard to believe in my mind there nothing wrong. I cant remember realy how long bout 3 weeks i think. I thought they got better then bam worse then ever. Ive cried myself out of tears. >:(

Hi Josh,

I finished my taper 80 days ago... Prior to benzo dropdown my vision was better than 20/20... As a matter of fact, I was a competitive long range marksman (rifle)... .. . Right now I'm having focus problems, I see the black dots (especially when I'm looking at something light color- like paper), I have floaters, but the thing that bothered me the most is the following waves when I pan to the side or up and down.. The reason I said "bothered" is because so many people here responded with the same type of symptoms.. I'm thinking it will go away.. Perhaps the more you're anxious about it, the more you'll focus on it... Try to relax.. (I know from experience, that is easier said than done)...  Keep the faith..  BB

Josh,

I've had eye problems ever since my last drop the end of June.  Blurred vision.  Also the light from the computer screen and any bright lights seem to make it difficult to see when I write or try to read.  I have given up worrying about every symptom I have as I believe they're all from protracted withdrawal.  However, when I get new symptoms, I always check with the great BB's on this forum and they always alleviate my fears, but also tell you to get it checked out if it bothers you significantly.  So, I just get on with my life, which I know is so hard to do.

You're in our thoughts and prayers.

Woe

You guys are all so tough. I have always been an all or nothing person i figured thatd be the thing to get me this is just so long to recovery. I dont feel the same, will i make a full recovery? I feel as if i wont i just want to be me again. Thank you ll for the help bb has been so so helpful.

You guys are all so tough. I have always been an all or nothing person i figured thatd be the thing to get me this is just so long to recovery. I dont feel the same, will i make a full recovery? I feel as if i wont i just want to be me again. Thank you ll for the help bb has been so so helpful.

Yes Josh you will make a full recovery, I had the vision disturbances, black dots snow etc, I also thought I was dying and had a brain tumour, they all seem to be common fears and thoughts with most of us going through this. You will heal and you will get your life back. Try not to be scared look to the future when you will be well again

Hang in there Josh :thumbsup:

Magrita

I have been dealing with visual disturbances since my taper, palanopsia, visual snow, black dots in my vision, trails etc etc etc i still have it but its not as intense as it used to be, so try to relax as it gets better with time, its a fairly common withdrawal symptom.

The tinnitus I have to now for over a year and mine varies in how loud it is from day to day (right now its screaming) The main thing is to try distract yourself from thinking about these things as much you can, as the more you worry the more anxious you get and that makes the symptoms worse.. I know its hard but in the long run all this will get better

best of luck

TukTuk

My tinnitus revs up louder than anything when an adrenaline rush is beginning.  When the rush starts to dissipate, the tinnitus eases up quite a bit.  The tinnitus never stops but it dies down to a tolerable level.

Josh27,

Yes, I'm sure it will heal completely, but there's no time frame on it.  Just hang in there and try not to worry.  Like I said, I just chalk up these symptoms to protracted withdrawal.  That way I'm prepared for them and don't get all upset.  I just wait them out.

Please hang in there.

Wod

Yes, my skin is now my worst feature.  I've ran into people whom I haven't seen since the beginning of the year and they always ask me if I've been sick.  I would advise talking new symptoms over with the BB's to see if anyone has had them.  If you're not satisfied they always recommend that you go to your Dr. to have them checked out. 

Thanks i dont no how you do iit m trying my best. My boss even sent me home from how bad i looked. You guys are whats helping me so much. How long has it been for your withdraw woebgone?

Josh27,

Had my last pill June 29, 2012.  So I'm 4 mos. out and starting mos. 5.  Different healing time for different people.  You hang in there, Josh.  As I said before, you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Woe

Josh,

Your signature line doesn't say how long you were on benzos.  When did you start them and when did you stop?

And I don't believe that you haven't any control.  You've shown it right here.  You're going to be ok.  Just hang in there.

Woe

Not to sure dont remember to much when i started but around 3 week mark i think. How do i no this isnt head or heart related it feels so real? I wake up not breathing shaking constant headaches. My eyes look horrible yellowish with completely red in the morning by mid morning you can see a blueish ring around them. I had always got compliments on how my eyes were so beautiful now i get you look like heck.

Josh27,

I wake up each morning with the same symptons as yours.  I usually start to feel better around mid-morning, not good but a tad better.  My eyes also look horrible ... they look like I've been out on a drug or alcohol trip.  I believe that it's not head or heart problems ... just the lousy benzos.  But if it really worries you, I would get it checked out.

Again, you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Woe

I never heard of that.  Maybe some of the other BB's have and can help you.  The only eye problems I have are blurred vision and of course, the floaters that drive you crazy.  I sure hope you're alright.