Ibuprofen

[ja...]

I took 400mg of Advil last night for extreme back pain due to bulged disc l4-5. Today I feel awful. What excatly does NSAIDS due to cause you to feel this way. What in the world can someone take for inflammation? I have a Orthopedic appt. in two weeks and I am sure he is going to want to shoot me with steroids. What should I expect from that. Should I stay away from steroids? Please advise

• 2 weeks later...
[ee...]

There's some great natural stuff for inflammation and pain.  Inflavonoid Intensive Care is a great product, it's basically;

Tumeric BCM-95

Boswellia serrata gum oleoresin dryu (Boswellia)

Salix Alba stem bark (White Willlow)

Ginger

Cirus bioflavonoids extract and Capsicum frutescens fruit powder

They work for temporary relief of acute pain and join inflammation.  I am sue you can find them if you Google.

Staffy

I've used voltarin for a frozen shoulder.  It's a topical gel. It helped with the pain and it brought down the swelling.  I don't know if it would help with a bulging disc but, it might be worth asking about.

It also might help for you to see a licensed massage therapist.  I am a body worker and I've had some good results with disc problems.

Take care.

I had my wisdom teeth pulled in October and the Dr. gave me 10mg timed released Oxycontin for the pain twice a day. Took them for a week and tapered right through it no problem. Oxycontin does not mess with GABA at all so do not be afraid to use it for pain if the Dr. offers it to you for short term use.

P.S.  10mg is the lowest dose and even that seemed a little bit strong to me :crazy: