Benzo Nausea, Gallbladder or just upset stomach???? please help

[Mt...]

Hi everybody!

im 15 months out and having very good days now and still some very bad days. The last couple of days I felt pretty well..about 90 percent but then last night I was eating a piece of Cadbury chocolate (the first chocolate bar Ive allowed myself to eat in months). Well the other day I ate the first part of the bar with no problems but last night after eating 4 squares I started to feel very sick. Trapped wind, bloating, diarrehea and alot of nausea. Most of my mental symptoms are gone. They come around here and there--the main symptom I have had to deal with and worst physical symptom has been Nausea and feeling sick to my stomach. I didnt know if the chocolate bar just disagreed with me or I was having a gallstone attack! hard to tell in Benzo withdrawal being that Nausea has been my worst symptom. As of late my nausea was getting much much better (the last 3 months and not coming around as much). But last night and still right now the nausea has been strong and ive had some diarrehea (ive had diarrehea and constipation alternating in the past). Im not having fever or any pain. They say if its gallstone you will have constant pain in your right section under the rib cage. I dont have any of that. Ive eaten avocados, cheese and from time to time ice cream and have had very slight difficulty. My diet is for the most part healthy with an occasional splurge here and there. I cant say Ive had too many problems..occasionally i will have some difficulty and it is gone within 15 to an hour. Im not sure what is going on with me? no pain but the nausea just wont let up. Wonder if I need to go to the ER to get checked out? I would rather not. Anyways, Im pretty miserable.

Anyway advice or help would be appreciated.

Carlos Mtnhigh

2 months ago I had pancreatitis attack and it was horrible. so I had to go to the ER.  With pancreatitis and gallbladder usually  have bad stomach pain. When pain gone I was very nauseated and weak. Weakness was horrible and fast heart rate. I can't say you what to do especially cause I thought that all of may problems were due to benzos and I am still sure most of my symptoms are from benzo w/d but then I had pancreatitis attack. Tomorrow I have HIDA scan to check my gallbladder, cause they did not find any gallstones.

If you are concerned maybe go to check with Dr.

Marry

Just to add that I am now on a low fat diet. I watch what I eat, it is very hard but helpful. Gallbladder and pancreas don't like fat. I don't take more than 20 gr of fat daily.

I hope you will get better soon and do what  is the best for you.

It's so hard to say when we aren't feeling it ourselves....but I still don't think it sounds much like gallbladder.  When did the diarrhea hit?  Could the diarrhea be b/c of nerves over your nausea and fear of gallbladder attack?  I know when I get worked up over benzo symptoms my stomach acts up...and I know when the nausea hit me 2 nights ago I got VERY anxious and wound up with it. 

It COULD be just a small bug, or maybe something you ate earlier in the day or the day prior isn't sitting well.  OR , it could just be benzo w/d since you have a history of nausea and diarrhea.  My guess would be w/d with how you describe...especially since some people who are over a year out and progressing seem to get hit every now and then w/ a BIG slam of symptoms.  One member who recently wrote their success story talks about how they had a day or two of crazy GI symptoms (major bloating, gas, etc) and then they woke up feeling pretty healed.  It's as though our system has to do a lot of work suddenly to get closer to the finish line.  I hope that makes sense.

Keep us posted.  You could ALWAYS get it checked out, but without pain, fever and vomiting, I'd say there's a good chance it may still be a s/x. 

Thinking of you,

Schatje

Hi everyone its a little past 11 o'clock in the morning. I dont have abdominal pain, no fever or chills but I still feel very sick to my stomach but then again thats been my most common symptom through  this whole thing. I havent vomitted either. I had a visit to the bathroom with diarrehea earlier this morning (when I wrote my first post) and havent had any since. There are times when the feeling of being sick to my stomach wants to let up but it continues to linger. :( from everything Ive read about Pancretits I have the nausea (which as I pointed out has been my most common symptom in withdrawal), a little bit of diarrehea and I do have some weight loss. My skin is not yellow either.

thank you everyone for writing me. It really does help.

carlos

I think you will know if is a pancreatiitis or gallbladder cause it will not let up and stomach pain is very bad, especially after greasy meal (if you can eat at all, my appetite was 0). I didn't vomit and nausea wasn't so bad , but I felt like I cannot make one step I was so exhausted and constant fast heart rate. I felt like I am going to die. I couldn't shower myself how weak I felt. And I had low grade fever.

Marry

thank you Marry....everything you have said had helped me alot! no pain or fever just very sick to my stomach but then as ive told you that has been my most common benzo withdrawal symptom..nausea and sick to my stomach. I dont have a fever either. I do feel somewhat weak but I think its because I have not eaten anything and im starting to feel a little hungry.

Mtnhigh

marry I was reading this in EarthClinic.com:  02/16/2009: Lisa Smith from Marshall, TX: "21 year old sister. diagnosed with and treated in Hospital and home health care, use of PICC line [Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter] nutritionally for acute to severe Pancreatitis.... When conventional meds did not work and placed on a 500gm no fat diet and basically left for death....I prayed for a miracle ....the response was aloe vera juice and papaya real juice....She was still in the hospital when my mom purchased both and began give her 1/3 cup of each 3 times daily ...she has 1/3 of her pancreas left....Immediately the first day in doctor came in the room and reported her amylase levels and all test levels were normal...He has since begain addding this to his patient regime for pancreatitis treatment...my grandmother s uncle age 70+ also used this treatment in the hospital following an acute pancreatiisis attack.. he recovered within hours....Give it a try...My sister was dying...Years of substance abuse and fatty diet was killing her pancreas...she is live and well at 30.."

Carlos,

If you feel it's something besides w/d i would get checked out right away. My biggest problem now at 14.5 months off is the gi problems. I have stinging bloating feelings that are just horrible. The only thing that helps me is laying face down in bed. After meals is the worst. I didn't get much nausea with this but everything else. i hope you feel better soon, rstud

marry I was reading this in EarthClinic.com:  02/16/2009: Lisa Smith from Marshall, TX: "21 year old sister. diagnosed with and treated in Hospital and home health care, use of PICC line [Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter] nutritionally for acute to severe Pancreatitis.... When conventional meds did not work and placed on a 500gm no fat diet and basically left for death....I prayed for a miracle ....the response was aloe vera juice and papaya real juice....She was still in the hospital when my mom purchased both and began give her 1/3 cup of each 3 times daily ...she has 1/3 of her pancreas left....Immediately the first day in doctor came in the room and reported her amylase levels and all test levels were normal...He has since begain addding this to his patient regime for pancreatitis treatment...my grandmother s uncle age 70+ also used this treatment in the hospital following an acute pancreatiisis attack.. he recovered within hours....Give it a try...My sister was dying...Years of substance abuse and fatty diet was killing her pancreas...she is live and well at 30.."

Thank you for sharing this. My blood test result from last week came back normal if I can read them properly :). So no inflammation any more. I am still on a diet and going on a HIDA scan today. I am scared and agoraphobic but I have to go. So wish me luck.

I hope you feel better by now otherwise if you are still concerned please go check it. Glad that I could help you somehow.

Take care

Marry