Author Topic: I have physically changed while withdrawing  (Read 3228 times)

[Buddie]

Re: I have physically changed while withdrawing
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2012, 11:54:36 pm »
I can't believe how much I have changed! From my head to my toes, it seems that this withdrawal has affected every cell in my body. Dry, brittle hair, dark circles, bloodshot eyes, dry skin, benzo belly....and I can go on. My confidence has gone from very high to down in the dumps. I wish that someone would stop by and reassure us that this ALL goes away. Will we ever look the same again??  :-\
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2012, 01:04:22 am »
Hi [...]
and you was only on 3 week. what nightmare. I hope someone who is longer off let us know if  we will look normal again or this is .

:smitten:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2012, 01:08:38 am »
   The Eyes are doorways to our Soul!!!!

[/quoe]       Yes , you right   Not FM , my eyes are very sad , , even if smile all day , cannot get that spark back . To sad . :smitten:years hell daily and suffering leave mark on us .

[Buddie]

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2012, 01:25:42 am »
Me again, it is the muscle loss that is really devestating to me, :( my arms and legs just sag and all this has really happened during the last part of tapering and the 3 months I am off, and believe it or not I can almost feel the wrinkles on my upper lip developing, I always had very smooth skin and my best friend actually asked me if I had botox on my forehead, it was so smooth and wrinkle free. The 20lb weight gain is so discouraging to especially when I am exercising more :'(
I am also getting small pimples on my cheeks, everyday, whats up with that, more now than when I was a teenager 100 yrs ago :tickedoff:
I too hope someone can join here with hope that it all will improve in a month or six or a year.
I hope others reading this do not think, omg, these women are complaining about there looks when I am suffering through hell, as this is not meant to minimize your suffering but just somewhere we can vent :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2012, 01:26:07 am »
I so appreciate this thread.  all the lipo I had and a tummy tuck wou would never know that i had it now lol.  I was so sick and drunk while on benzos I look back at the pics of me and I am shocked at how bad I looked.  the weight gain and bloating.  I was always so active and fit until this poison.  now I have gained more weight bloated from elevated stress hormones, and inactivity from being so sick, and eating is my only pleasure for now to get thru this horrible thing.  my hair is dry eyes sunk in head, skin looks a hundred yrs old, muscle wasting and weakness my arms jiggle like jelly 

I don't know if my eyes are stable are not, I have flucuations in my vision, so days are good some are bad.  I am lucky I am not blind.  15 yrs ago I had RK to correct nearsightedness, then 3 yrs ago I had lasik which did not correct my vision, in glasses for 2 yrs vision [...] messed up, then 1 yr ago finally had cataract surgery which corrected my vision alot with lens implants, going to eye doctor in 2 wks for a checkup.  may have to have glasses. 

I can't exercise.  I am so exhausted that I am just trying to rest and get thru this.  I am hoping that as I heal, my energy will pick up and I will be able to resume activity again.  it has been so painful to realize what has happened to my body  it hurts

[Buddie]

« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2012, 01:31:46 am »
I am the same way, dark circles under the eyes, pale skin, lost muscle tone,I have long curly hair, and it is even going flat. I don't need a Hallowe'en costume, I could go out as Morticia's twin LOL !!! I am 43 and have always looked younger than my age. Now I look and feel 10 years older. I hope we all look and feel healthy and normal again :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2012, 01:40:58 am »

I am sure, given time, good health and joy will return ...... but obviously it is going to take time.

We really need someone who has recovered to join in here ....... I am [...] tapering and my hair is already going bonkers !!

Take care everyone,

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2012, 01:46:01 am »
Me again, it is the muscle loss that is really devestating to me, :( my arms and legs just sag and all this has really happened during the last part of tapering and the 3 months I am off, and believe it or not I can almost feel the wrinkles on my upper lip developing, I always had very smooth skin and my best friend actually asked me if I had botox on my forehead, it was so smooth and wrinkle free. The 20lb weight gain is so discouraging to especially when I am exercising more :'(
I am also getting small pimples on my cheeks, everyday, whats up with that, more now than when I was a teenager 100 yrs ago :tickedoff:
I too hope someone can join here with hope that it all will improve in a month or six or a year.
I hope others reading this do not think, omg, these women are complaining about there looks when I am suffering through hell, as this is not meant to minimize your suffering but just somewhere we can vent :smitten:

Lady , I have little wrinkels on my upper lip , like if you smoke to much ,, NEVER had that in my life . This is not about looks , we are affected mentaly , every way , this benzo is realy  poison .
Yes I had that too . , just little ,m but in 45 no reason have this over night . I dont; smoke .

[Buddie]

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2012, 01:59:50 am »
Hi - you should be so proud of yourself. In my opinion benzo withdrawal is the worst and hardest thing that I've ever gone through ([...] going through).
The good news is that those physical things can be corrected. Now that your starting to feel better maybe you can start exercising. That can really improve ones appearance. Also a good skin care regimen can make a world of difference. I am an esthetician and have continued my skin care routine throughout this nightmare and it has helped. Good nutrition can also help keep you youthful. Go treat yourself to a good facial and some new skin care. You've earned it!!!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2012, 02:00:41 am »
Willow
I going with you  . :D :laugh:
We all here have the same , lost muscles , benzo belly , skinny face ,   dark eyes ,  horrible hair  ,  all age in short  period of time after quit benzo .
This must  be w/d and i hope with time , we look like before again .
I was in horror when look in mirror  ,  how old and skinny my face look , until i see i lost  facial muscles . I was in horror so scared what is this .
Now  , feel better  b/c am not alone , so for sure  ladies  like other symptoms fade away , this will too .
We all have the same . Must  be w/d and must go away  .
Love to all , is little funny  , yet sad . :smitten: