I slept 8 hours. So why am I soooo tired?

[kl...]

I've never had the gift of 8 whole hours during my benzo hell but I have noticed that when I sleep more I'm more out of it than usual. Groggy, hungover. I put it in my "damned if I do damned if I don't" w/d file.

I can't even explain the crushing artificial fatigue that benzo withdrawal caused.  It started during tolerance withdrawal in January 2012 and still have it now at almost 6 months off.  I'll get those days where I feel pretty normal and ready to do things but it is only a few hours per month.  Very back and forth but 90% of the time the fatigue is insane.  I had blood test, thyroid, stress test, etc.... no issues at all.  I'm 31 and was a weight lifter for 10 years , haven't been in the gym for almost a year now. 

I can't even explain the crushing artificial fatigue that benzo withdrawal caused.  It started during tolerance withdrawal in January 2012 and still have it now at almost 6 months off.  I'll get those days where I feel pretty normal and ready to do things but it is only a few hours per month.  Very back and forth but 90% of the time the fatigue is insane.  I had blood test, thyroid, stress test, etc.... no issues at all.  I'm 31 and was a weight lifter for 10 years , haven't been in the gym for almost a year now.

Man that sounds rough, sorry to hear it.  Do you work?  I just got a new job and am feeling paranoid that I wont be able to make it thru my shifts feeling like a wreck.

Hi,

No I've been out of work since January 2012 and until I can do whatever I want daily I can't do anything close to working.  Yea it's tough b/c the fatigue isn't the only problem, I can't drive far or go anywhere far from home either b/c I get that crazy anxiety/agoraphobia , etc.. dizziness

I think it's definitely a withdrawal symptom. As I've tapered down, I've found that 8 hours of sleep, which used to leave me bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, leaves me feeling exhausted, so I've gone up to 12 hours of sleep a night in order to feel even semi-awake the next day. I find it frightening -- all of these benzo symptoms scare the poop out of me -- but I'm grateful that I'm still at least getting some sleep.

Yea the fatigue is crazy, I fell asleep at ~1:00am last night, woke up at 8:30 a.m. just shot out and it felt like it was night again b/c I was so tired.  I slept again in the morning until 2:00pm this afternoon. 

From my experience it doesn't matter what supplements you take or what you eat, the windows and waves seem to be in control b/c I have had REALLY good days after not changing a thing, it's that random.