kava kava when tapering from ativan

[Tr...]

hey guys just wanted to ask if anyone new if you can use kava kava when tapering , NOT ALL THE TIME  just here and there , has anybody tried it or heard of anybody else. please let me know Thanks

Trudi,

From what I understand Kava Lava can be really tough on the liver.  Please be careful.  Benzo w/d is hard enough on our vital organs.

Sandy

Trudie,

I tried Kava early on in my taper.  It didn't do anything for me. Probably made me feel worse.  If you decide to take it, will you please do an internet search on "adverse effects" or benzos + kava and then make an informed decision on whether or not it might be helpful to you.  TC

Christine/BlueMoth

thank you both for the reply, um well i think ill wait, im doing pretty good but just wanted to have something just incase i had a break thorugh panic attack , but read it was not supose to be takin together , but figured as many ppl on here going through what i am would have tried everything under the sun to help, so if you guys know of a few good things i could try during and after the taper thats non addicting , i would love to hear of them, thank you and hope you have a great new year. Trudi

Trudi,

have you tried calms Forte? This is a safe and effective supplement. It can be used for insomnia and anxiety. I can't say it would stop a panic attack, but I don't think Kava would either.

I"ve used it for anxiety, and it took the edge off. And it does seem to help me fall asleep a little faster, I think. Especially in combo with melatonin, which is also safe to use with benzos.

Thanks eljay, i will try those instead, i just heard kava kava was more effective for anx. and in general calming you down, maybe ill try kava after my tapers ends , but if what you suggested works ill stick with that. thank you again , Trudi