Extreme thirst...does this happen to you???

[bf...]

[bf...]

I'm sorry if this is redundant...I'm still getting used to to the new forum...I'm from the old forum back in 2006. I was very sick back then but I became well and have been well for the past five years. However, I am sick again, after having taken a combo of an antiviral, anti-yeast and anti-fungal. I think the last of the three is what threw me back into a state of withdawal.

Even when I was well, I suffered from extreme thirst at times. Is this something that people experience both in withdrawal and afterwards???

I've been checked for diabetes and everything else I could possibly be tested for, and it all came back negative.

Sorry to hear you have symptoms again, i read back on your posts and noticed you mentioned drinking wine, could you have possibly had a reaction to the alcohol consumption? I have read here many times of others that have had set backs after drinking alcohol, i am sure it is not something that can be ruled out as alcohol and benzo´s are cross tolerant, it may have had some effect? Maybe delayed alcohol withdrawals have triggered your nervous system to react aside from the anti viral drugs... some need to abstain from alcohol indefinitely... just thought i´d ask... When was the last time you drank alcohol prior to feeling bad again?

Oscar

I don't know if this applies to you.

I started smoking last year.  Smoking while in w/d  makes me extremely thirsty.  I don't understand why.

ali

[bf...]

Hi Oscar,

I have wondered if that could have played a part in my return to nasty symptoms that I thought I would never experience again. I spent the last five years, drinking wine sporadically with friends and never had any problem with it. But this past summer I was travelling and my partner and I drank wine in another country and we drank it frequently. I think the anti-fungal was mostly to blame, but it will likely be a very long time before I'll feel safe enough to drink alcohol again.

My symptoms have been very, very strong, very similar to the way I was when I was sick from benzos in 2005/2006. My worst symptom is bad muscle and nerve pain....shooting pain in my arms, hands and legs. The muscle pain is so strong that it is pulling on my right shoulder and my right shoulder blade has disappeared (pulled into my chest....I know...it sounds absurd but it really has done this).

I hope I can get well and get back to my life because it was so wonderful to be healed and feeling well. I just want to re-iterate to people that you really CAN heal and be well. I did, and I know I will again...:=)

[bf...]

Just wanted to add that I'd be surprised if the extreme thirst has to do with alcohol, as I haven't had any wine for four weeks and I still have severe dehydration at least several times a day and I look dehydrated these days, even though I drink glass after glass of water.

Lynnie

[bf...]

Thanks for the websites BT...I'll check them out.

Yesterday I put a little foundation on my face. Today I woke up with an absolutely red, raw, burned face. My stomach is vibrating and my face feels like it is on fire. I don't know if the foundation was to blame or if it was something I ate. I can't believe I'm this sensitive again. Has anyone else had this burning face???

Oh wow, I thought I was the only one.  I CT'd Xanax back in '08 and felt pretty much healed a year later, with only a few symptoms hanging on.  Then last December I decided to use a very strong antimicrobial drawing salve to get rid of a cyst.  I had such a terrible reaction to the salve that I felt like I'd been thrown back into full benzo withdrawal.  Then I tried getting treated by my ND for my reaction, and she put me on some supplements that made everything 100 times worse.  I hung on for several months after that, and it kept getting worse until I basically had a nervous breakdown and couldn't function anymore.  I was admitted to the hospital, and to my horror, put on another benzo, which I am now tapering VERY SLOWLY.  Ugh. 

So yes, apparently killing too many microbes can throw you way back.  Something I wish I'd known before I did it.  My advice to you would be to behave just as if you were back in withdrawal.  Don't take any supplements that you don't have to take, be very, very careful about medications, eat really well, and use all your coping techniques.  I'm sure you're body will heal in time.  My mistake was to keep trying to take supplements to cure it, and I just kept making myself worse. 

I get the extreme thirst too.  It's a symptom of anxiety, but it can also happen after toxic exposure (yeast die-off?), and allergic reactions. 

lynnie,

i have extreme thirst all the time. i do think mine is from a few different things though-- firstly i am still taking the suboxone opiate and i know that makes me thirst.

the benzo withdrawal in and of itself. i also think that benzo's have a way of sorta holding and locking in yeast and candida and i notice everytime i would taper from the benzo's before and when i c/t this time and became benzo free, the candida would 'seem' like it returned with a vengence but i think it's was finally breaking down from being in that cage and lock that the benzo's kept it in.

and then all that die off and ammonia that the infection can give off when it's alive and/or dying.

and then i noticed the day i had to go to the ER because the benzo w/d was so severe it felt like the whole back of my head was sucking back and squeezing i couldn't swallow and i was so thirsty and my thirst would not quench unless i drank a whole bottle of that real water.

i didn't know that killing too many microbes could throw a person way back but i am glad that i stopped the nystatin for now. i wanted to take it to kill of candidiasis.

The ":triggers" in the brain that control hunger and thirst are out of whack in w/d. This is why many people gain/lose weight while taking a/d or benzos. I have just the opposite problem as i never get thirsty and have to drink by the clock. I got dehydrated and went into renal failure two years ago while tapering. I'll try to find the link and post it here where i read about this. It also stated since this discovery they hope to develope new drugs to help with obesity. rstud

rstud -- I noticed you have 300+ days drug free, and "still frying"... I am not trying to scare myself, but I'm new here. Does still frying mean you still have sxs? even after a year?

-- Rain