Up over 30 hours with sickness

[Gl...]

Seems I am once again the victim of cruel fate.  My throat hurts too bad to sleep and I've been up 31 hours.  The degree of pain is extreme, it feels like red hot acid in my throat whenever I swallow phlegm that comes up.  I've been using chlorasceptic spray and it's not doing any good.  I'm also gurgling with salt water and using tea that's specifically designed for sore throats.  Nothing is working.  It still hurts like crazy.  I lay here miserable and it becomes impossible to sleep due to the searing pain in my throat.  Why does stuff like this happen to me?  I just don't get it.  I tried praying and it's not helping.  I always seem to get some extreme problem that hurts me dearly.  It's not right. :( :( :( :(

Glyn, sorry to hear. I don't have much advice because I'm pretty new to all of these symptoms. Are you at a point in recovery that you can handle Advil or Motrin without it revving up symptoms?

Glyn,

I am sorry you are feeling so bad. Maybe you should get that throat checked out. It could be strep. I have had that extreme searing pain in my throat before and that's when I know I've got strep. There's no need to suffer. Go have it checked out! I hope you feel better soon. Let us know how you are doing.

:therethere:

bballmom

I never had a problem taking advil or motrin.  Problem is they don't work.  The pain is way too bad.

I went to the doctor once and he gave me antibiotics and that was it, but that was the first day I was sick and it wasn't that bad then.  I might go back, I'm not sure yet.

update: up over 60 hours now, I feel terrible.  This is unreal torture.  I'm going back to the doctors once they open, in an hour and a half or so

Hi Glynn,

Hey buddy I'm so sorry you are so sick.  You were doing so good in your recovery. Glynn I don't think this is all benzo related.  I bet you are sick with possibly strep throat.  Getting sick on top of recovery does rev up symptoms and makes everything worse.  Sometimes it is just life happening to us as it does non benzo people daily.  There are antibiotics safe to take, I don't have the list handy but I do have it printed out and my DO also has it. Go to the Dr and get checked. You honestly do sound to me as though you are sick on top of your recovery.  If you get something to help with your throat and phlegm then maybe you can settle down and sleep again.  You were doing so much better and you will again.

Let us know what the Dr says,

hope you feel better soon,

love,

Sally  :angel:

I went to the doctor's and they gave me a shot of corticosteroids.  They also gave me Prednisone, cough syrup, and Aleve for pain.  I'm glad they gave me the steroids so it will get the inflammation down but I think they could have done something better than give me OTC cough syrup and Aleve.  They don't understand the meaning of severe pain I guess.  I was diagnosed with acute laryngitis.

Anyways, I hope that the steroid meds help enough to where I won't need anything for the pain.  They also wanted me to see a cardiologist because my heart rate was high.  I told them it's always like that but they want me to get it checked out.  Unfortunately, a bunch of other crap is happening at the same time and I couldn't make the appointment that they gave me so I have to reschedule now.  Hopefully I can get in for some time later today.  If not I'm just going to try to sleep since I've been up nearly 70 hours now.

Hi Glyn,

I'm so glad you went to the Dr and did get something to help you heal the laryngitis. Hopefully the shot will help things settle down faster and you can get some sleep.  Most definitely do go to the cardiologist and get checked out. It may be from w/d but it might not be, you want to get that decided.

Hope you feel better soon and get some rest and much needed sleep. Let us know what the cardiologist says.

love,

the cardiologist is bs'ing me, they won't even answer the phone.  They have some guy relaying messages.  I don't have time to waste on that.  I'm going to wait till another day and just focus on sleep for now..

update: I finally slept for about 8 hours and I'm feeling way better.  The inflammation in my throat has gone down a lot.  Hoping this goes away soon and I don't get sick for a long time after this.

Hi Glyn,

Good to hear about your sleep, I'm sure that in itself has made you feel better.  I'm glad the swelling is going down, hope the pain is better too since you didn't mention it.

Are you going to try and get into the cardiologist?  You should do a follow up and get that checked out just to make sure everything is ok. It very well could have been due to your pain, big lack of sleep and stress at being to a Dr that your heart rate was high, but best to have it checked out.

I hope you don't get sick for a long time either,

love,

Hey..the pain is a lot better, it's not really sore at all anymore :).

I slept again last night and I'm feeling a lot better.

I've been trying to get in to see the cardiologist but they won't answer their phones.  Left a message and they never got back to me.  Kind of annoying.  I'm going to keep trying though.