Weird Abdominal Flutter

[bl...]

Ok  Everyone,

I have had this really weird symptom for the last couple of weeks.  It is a fluttering sensation directly under my right ribcage. sort of under the lower rib and the bottom of the sternum.  I looked up pictures of the abdominal cavity on the internet and I can see that is where the stomach attaches to the intestines.  The flutter doesn't hurt, but it is constant and annoying.  It is actually more of a throbbing sensation.  Very weird.  Has anyone had a symptom like this or know what it might be?  Do I need to go and see the Dr about it?  Thanks all.

XXXXX

Christine/BlueMoth

is it like going down in a roller coaster ride?

if it ain't broke i wouldn't fix it - it sounds annoying - does it hurt?

it appears are gaba rays are pretty shot in our small intestine and can bubble up into our stomach (i don't have spell check on this computer).

i just lived with my problems - kinda of a grin and bare it kinda think.  i noticed sugar was real hard on me - i don't drink - but if i did that would cause a lot of problems to as that would be a pure sugar intake.

abdominal issues are real plentiful on these boards.

diet ginger ale might help.  i used to eat spinach as a bed time snack - spinach helps.

• 2 weeks later...
The anatomy in textbooks doesn't depict the actual location of the organs as it is two dimensional. (I worked on a cadaver and was so surprised that the insides didn't look anything like textbook drawings).  This could be anything, but I highly doubt it is intestinal....it could be a muscular twitch..does it feel like that?  In any case I wouldn't worry too much about it unless it continues on and on and on.  Our bodies are in constant change (for the better) during withdrawal.  Keep us posted about this.  Love, Janus 

Ok,

This pain is getting really weird.  I guess I reported it as a flutter at first.  Then it morphed into a burning pain right under my ribcage.  Now it seems to be progressing down into my belly. but the pain has lessened.  Is that not weird?  It must be from the withdrawal, all this started in Dec when I took a pretty hefty cut of 1 1/2 mg total.  Maybe I should slow it down even more?  Or do you all think that the valium is just aggravating things?

well lots of people have that problem - you gaba rays are upset that you are cutting off its supplies is all - and it is possible the valium is hurting your stomach - is there bloating with this?

sd, sandy, myself and i think others have had that problem. 

SD - said his daughters stomach pain started to subside pretty quick into the 2nd week i believe.

Christine,

I got the flutter too!  I mentioned this to my GI and he says many of his patients have complained to him about this.  He did not say what the cause was but tested my stools.  That test was fine.

Sandy :smitten:

I had all of these things you describe, Christine, and still do sometimes.  It's just nerves and muscles trying to calm down or in a state of nervousness.  When I am really calm, I don't get these things.  When I am frazzled...I get them more.  Don't worry...it's not serious and it will pass over time.