Longest you've ever stayed up?

[Bo...]

Whats the longest anybody on here has stayed up?

My personal best is 6days before withdrawal.

I think I'm going to try and beat that this week.

I'm going to be sick as hell, but I don't care as long as I don't take anymore pills.

[43...]

You beat me BoxCar, my best was 4 days without a wink in tolerance withdrawal, had Remeron 60mgs on board, plus 300mgs Seroquel x 2 a day and still nothing.

Pdoc said that would knock out a bull - well I've been called a cow a few times in my life, but it didn't have any impact on this bull >:D

Staffy

Wow that's a lotta seroquel. I think that would knock me out for 2 days if I took that much.

Maybe not.... but still that is a LOT!!!

I wish I had a viable alternative to ambien or temazepam, but my brain is fried to get horrible night terrors with the usual suspects.

Probaly not a good idea to go cold turkey from ambien, but hell I may have a chance to beat my record.  ;D

[43...]

BoxCar

Please be careful and kind to yourself.  Cold Turkey's are not nice!~  Do you have some other natural resources around, meditation tapes, Horlicks (milk and honey), Lavender (essential oil), anything which will ease the sxs up a little.

Tread carefully Box,

StaffyGirl

The human body repairs and rejuvenates itself while sleeping, so, unless you aren't human, I think it wouldn't be such a good idea to stay up so long.  But to answer the post question, I have stayed up i think 3 days when a stupid B**ch stole all my xannax that I was tapering off of, while I was on vacation in Florida.  :tickedoff:  It was horrible!!!  I just wanted to be away from everyone and go walk along the beach and I actually started seeing UFO star looking things moving around what looked like a giant translucent eye in the night sky!  I still don't know if that was hallucination or it was real.  I also saw what appeared to be like I was looking into mirrors or glass or both, while walking through the trail in the woods to get back to the camp site.  :D

To SkyZone; "unless you aren't human" It's questionable at times... >:D

I am eating extremely healthy, so I hope that will prevent some damage from occuring.

I don't know.... all I know is I want to be through this rebound insomnia.... it's driving me insane literally.

If I get through the insomnia aspect of withdrawal then I can handle everything else.

I'm kinda hoping that tommorow this will lead to me passing out somewhere.

I don't mind going fullblown psychotic and I don't care about seizures or anything.... I just want to be DONE!!!

I have 9 days I don't have to work. Fingers crossed!!  :sick:

Xanax withdrawals are terrible way worse then ambien IMO, I had the displeasure of meeting what I want to call xanax withdrawals years ago.... I took xanax for a week straight and had maybe three days of panic, sweating and irritable mood.

Then it just went away quickly, so I don't know if it was true withdrawal or what, because it disappeared so fast and these ambien ones are lingering.

Cold Turkey's are not nice!~  Do you have some other natural resources around, meditation tapes, Horlicks (milk and honey), Lavender (essential oil), anything which will ease the sxs up a little.

I have most of that.... and I have healthy food. I just have to trust my body to help itself I think....

This might be the worst or best thing I ever do. If it's the worst I have some temazepam I could take, but I'm going to avoid it at all costs.

I'm fairly aware of my bodies limits and I know when I'm in "real" trouble psychologically. At least I hope I can pay attention to the signals.

I'm just going to take it easy, I don't have any obligations this weekend or week, so hopefully something gives.

Thank you for your response.

I know C/T isn't the recommended method, but I'm not sure I would have the motivation to do this if I didn't know that there were others who've been thru worse then me.

There also won't be any shame in me going to a taper, but I have to try C/T, if I turn into a totally psychotic wreak instead of a partially psychotic wreak then I'll take the temazepam and call my Dr. At least I'll know that I gave it my best shot.

Wow - 6 days - sorry but that's insane. I went three days straight without sleep and that was before I even took any benzos. I was suffering from menopausal insomnia (just as bad as benzo insomnia), and I was at the end of my tether then, and literally snatched the packet of Tamazepam from the pharmacist's hand when he handed it to me.

I got over that benzo problem by getting on to HRT fairly quickly, but when that particular HRT stopped working because it wasn't strong enough I made the stupid decision to not trust regular medicine and try a naturopath (stupid stupid idea - because naturopaths haven't got the first idea of how to treat menopause - sorry but they don't. The only "natural" way to treat menopause is with hormones, and naturopaths can't prescribe hormones).

Anyway, because of that @%^#ing naturopath that put me on the path to my current valium dependency. So I totally blame her for the situation that I find myself in now.

Some people don't believe me but I was up 32 days once.  I was trying to quit Zyprexa and forgot I was taking it and went completely psychotic from no sleep.  The first day they gave me Zyprexa again, I slept.

Another time I was up 14 days trying to quit Zyprexa.

From benzo w/d, the longest I was up was 10 days when I got food poisoning at 7or 8 months off.

I think it's good that you're giving it your best shot to get off the benzos.

I've gone 5 nights with absolutely no sleep. I think I got a little bit the 6th night, but I was puking everywhere etc :sick:

Who needs sleep when we have such good company?

ok

what is your secret??

how do you function..

i must be a putzzzzzzzzzzzz...

if i selpt... iget terrors with panic attacks

do you FEEL exhausted??

me i feel not tired... but sick... is that normal??

help, pls

It's hard to say for sure, but 10-14 days twice with little or no sleep, maybe 5 - 15 minutes here or there, but it was hard to say for sure.