Author Topic: What is happening in your brain?  (Read 337018 times)

[Buddie]

Re: What is happening in your brain?
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2012, 03:53:11 pm »
[...], my own personal belief about that has always been based on the fact that some of us are born with much more sensitive nervous systems than others. This is a scientific fact, and these sensitive individuals are found in all species of mammals. I know I [...] most definitely one of these "highly sensitive people." I always have been, and it has never been pleasant. Couple that with yet MORE nervous system sensitivity, and well... you get the idea. I imagine those whose nervous systems are naturally "tougher" (only for lack of a better word) would do better. Unfortunately, I think we sensitive people are by nature more likely to need to be prescribed these drugs.

Yep [...] this is true. I'm one of the more sensitive ones..

Thanks [...], this helped A LOT!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2012, 04:29:12 pm »
  Just want to say Thank you, This will help so many people have a better understanding of what is happening to us..xx
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2012, 04:34:53 pm »
Hi [...]....thanks so much for your reply.

I will take it all in and decide when I get a better nights sleep....today I [...] in a blurry place.   

I do believe that at some pt. I may need to consider the Remeron as I had chronic insomnia my entire [...]....or should I say when I developed Fibro....many years ago.

Have a great day!!

BB.

[Buddie]

« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2012, 05:01:59 pm »
Great post [...].  ;D  :thumbsup:

Thank you.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2012, 06:23:23 pm »
Hi [...]!

Thank you for some useful posts in this thread and in others. Although you have been posting for a while, I haven't come across your posts. (I'm [...] working my way through a backlog of threads and my brain fog makes me much slower than I used to be at absorbing ideas.)

Over in the "Chewing The Fat" forum, we're puzzling in one thread exactly where healing from benzos is coming from.  Perhaps you'd like to look thru that thread and post any observations?  I suspect you may have some useful observations. This is the thread:

"How come GABA does not return to homeostasis even with slow taper? "
http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=66069.msg883269#msg883269

-[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2012, 06:50:31 pm »
[...] your picture freaked me out a second!!! lol ;)

[Buddie]

« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2012, 10:00:29 pm »
[...]...I really don't have any theories that can be founded on something solid. What I can say is the the omega 3's really cause my burning feet, hands and face to really ramp up. This usually starts about 4-5 hours after I take it and lasts on and off for about 24 hours. The funny thing is that I get a 1 day window 2 days after I take it. This has happened each of the 4 times I tried it, the last time being about 2.5 weeks ago.

The magnesium does the same thing to me and also causes night sweats that night, but I usually get a window within 24-36 hours after taking it. The last time I took it was on July 7th and my log doesn't show me any increased sxs but I was told by my doc to stop taking it because it could be messing with my healing (like she knows anything, lol).

I always want to see if the intolerance has left but my symptoms aren't really any better at 11 months out so I'm not sure that I want to risk it.

[Buddie]

« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2012, 11:44:00 pm »
Some of us have the MTHFR gene mutation. This makes wd harder, or so one doctor who has studied wd told me. I have this mutation. My brain cant absorb folic acid so my CNS isnt running as well "lubricated" as it could.

I wonder how many of us in wd have this?
I [...] not taking L methylfolate so hopefully my brain can feel better.

[Buddie]

« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2012, 12:43:03 am »
And just to think -- this whole time -- I thought my brain had been hijacked by garden gnomes.  I like your theory a bit better.  ::)

Oh the gnomes are [...]. >:D

[Buddie]

« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2012, 12:53:48 am »
Some of us have the MTHFR gene mutation. This makes wd harder, or so one doctor who has studied wd told me. I have this mutation. My brain cant absorb folic acid so my CNS isnt running as well "lubricated" as it could.

I wonder how many of us in wd have this?
I [...] not taking L methylfolate so hopefully my brain can feel better.

[...],
I had never heard of this.  Thanks for sharing. I would like to know more...  Can you explain?

Also - at first, I thought you were joking when you said "MTHFR gene mutation" - gene mutation.. and I was thinking.. I have that, too!  This sure is one MTHFR of a recovery experience!!  :laugh:

:)[...]