Author Topic: What is happening in your brain?  (Read 313817 times)

[Buddie]

Re: What is happening in your brain?
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2012, 02:40:05 am »
wow I printed this [...]!!!!!! thank-you....will read it alot!!!! :smitten:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2012, 02:40:59 am »
[...] I'm echoing the responses made by everyone here.  Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge In layman's terms.

Have you ever thought about expanding your thoughts into book form?  "The Dummies Guide to Benzo Withdrawal".  :).   Then, a documentary........fan club and a talk show[...] ;D. (I'm actually serious especially about the book!)

:thumbsup:
Liv
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2012, 02:44:21 am »
LOL - Hey [...]....

Thank you for your encouragement!! :)

I haven't thought about a book ....

BUT... I HAVE thought about doing a huge multi-media presentation that you can WATCH  - like the Discovery Channel and SEE the neurons and SEE the GABA and how it works while hearing me talk.

I used to design and author multi-media training as part of my job - and it was a much easier way for many people to learn. Rather than "reading" the information, it is "show and tell" And I think that may be very powerful for families, doctors, individuals.
Rather than read about all this GABA, why not watch it and SEE how it is released between neurons...

It is a big undertaking, but I can design and produce this including audio all from home.  And YES - I [...] thinking about doing it.

Thank you for the vote of confidence!!

:)[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2012, 03:00:40 am »
[...], i think you have a very well ordered brain that you were able to track the changes in your serotonin levels so well.

Interesting about the Remeron, I found that I didn't tolerate the anticholinergic effects even at 1/4 tab but I didn't persist for a week & found the tablet cutting hit or miss so that's a great idea about compounding.  Thankfully, I no longer need any meds but it's well worth others considering as Remeron seems to be one of the more benign ADs in terms of side effects.

You are a very effective communicator so not surprised to hear about your day job.

[Buddie]

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2012, 03:07:57 am »
WOW!!   Great read [...].....long but well worth it!!   I do have severe cog probs so it took awhile...i would love to share this with my Siblings...they just dont get it and it hurts me so.

Much healing and peace.

BB.

[Buddie]

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2012, 03:13:21 am »
Yes [...] :thumbsup: that would be incredible!!!! It could be mandatory viewing for all benzo prescribing doctors.... Let us know when it's on :)........ You already have your fan club!

[Buddie]

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2012, 03:33:09 am »
thank you [...]!  we all just want to know what the heck is going on with our brains, this is so helpful.   i have been doing lots of reading here & there over time [...] to understand, and i think i kinda had the overall picture, but i don't have the background in neuroscience so your info here really helps bring it all together.  thanks!  :)

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2012, 03:37:20 am »
[...], i think you have a very well ordered brain that you were able to track the changes in your serotonin levels so well.

Interesting about the Remeron, I found that I didn't tolerate the anticholinergic effects even at 1/4 tab but I didn't persist for a week & found the tablet cutting hit or miss so that's a great idea about compounding.  Thankfully, I no longer need any meds but it's well worth others considering as Remeron seems to be one of the more benign ADs in terms of side effects.

You are a very effective communicator so not surprised to hear about your day job.

Thanks, [...], but just so I'm really honest... I was a CRAZY mess cognitively. I mean - NUTS.  If I didn't write down all these symptoms every day and my Remeron doses, I'd NEVER be able to have made any associations or comment here. I had to track this stuff on paper to even remember anything or see the trends to formulate [...] opinion- because I couldn't remember YESTERDAY most of the time in this experience.  And I [...] can't some of the time.  :D

Also - I probably wasn't clear.  I don't have a day job anymore. I'm a stay-home mom. But I'll tell you - there is NO WAY I could have worked [...] outside job in recovery.  NO WAY. I was almost dead.  I couldn't even get out of bed. And to be honest, I was a lbare [...] mom, too! My kids watched TV and played computer like - ALL YEAR until just recently. It felt horrible, but I just couldn't do anything. But the thing I learned that was GOOD is that kids are resilient. Neither of them even remember this and are no worse off for the wear for watching all that TV.  I learned to relax a little bit as a mom in this.  The world hasn't gone to hell in a handbasket while I [...] healing - and that was also a good lesson for me.  It's all not as dire as I was making it out to be. And I will carry that overall lesson with me back to my [...]...

:)[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2012, 03:42:44 am »
Dear [...],

As those that posted before me, WOW!!!  I [...] so thankful to you and your education, your communication abilities.  WOW - you have come a long way in your healing, I'm so happy for you.

I have copied your postings to my documents, I have copied and sent out 5 emails of your explanation and I have printed a copy to keep at my fingertips. I plan to take a copy to my psy, who I was thinking of never returning to her for she offers me nothing - I only started going to her after my c/t and after I got on Lyrica.  I plan to take a copy to my DO that I'm to see in a couple of week for a physical, and to my counselor - who does seem to understand this benzo recovery more than my drs do and I know she would be so open to reading your words.  Thank you, so much for your message.

I truly [...] you do make a multi - media presentation.  I'm a very visual person since my c/t so to be able to see and hear how this affects the brain and how the brain does heal would be a fantastic tool for not only myself but I know thousands of people would benefit from it.

I'm tapering off Lyrica, I was put on it at 4 months out of my c/t. I began my water titration at 10 months and I [...] now 13 months free.  Do you know if Lyrica affects serotonin like Remeron? I just don't understand these medications, and have trouble [...] to get my head around them. The way you described Remeron and how you needed less and less as your brain produced more serotonin was so clear. I wish that could be put out there for others to be able to benefit from this knowledge. Just think of all the people that aren't being lowered as they need less and end up probably having such negative affects, maybe even effecting their healing time.

Thanks again for your taking your time and sharing this post with us.  I can't express how appreciative I [...] to your words.  I don't fear my remaining sxs at this time.

Healing does happen in time.
[...]  :[...]:

This is going to be one of those threads that doesn't get buried. It will be around for a longgggg time, and viewed by many.  How exciting your words having such a positive impact on so many lives.

[Buddie]

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2012, 04:22:23 am »
 :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 05:22:05 pm by [Buddie] »