How many people HAVE to work while tapering

[et...]

The whining begins...family bbq yesterday...too much action for me but good for everyone else. Back to work today (Sunday) and I hate working on a nice hot day. I afraid I will pay for the extra stimulation.

etown

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [et...]

• [...]

• [dr...]

• [Sm...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

etown - Maybe try to plan some down time, even if brief. For me I'll take a drive for an hour or two in the evening when it's cooling down or just when the sun is going down.  I read a study recently that if you can view something beautiful (nature, sunsets, trees blowing in the wind) or sweet (cute kitties on youtube for me) or watch something funny or call/talk to someone who is light and easy, it can counter excitation/stress, even if just a little.  If you can engage all of your senses, sight, smell, touch etc, so much the better. :)

WWWI

>>>Respectfully snipped for brevity<<<<<<. 

.  If you can engage all of your senses, sight, smell, touch etc, so much the better. :)

WWWI

WWWI, back in the days when I actually used my hypnotherapy certification, this was the MOST key element in having hypnosis be effective!  There is much research that verifies that. Also, studies showing people practicing to improve something, like a golf swing, had MORE improvement imagining the event with ALL SENSES ENGAGED than those who actually practiced physically. At the time, I lived seasonally near a big "golf school" that used hypnotherapy in their programs and it really did work!!  Major famous golfers came from all over the world to utilize their program.

Your comment inspires me to make myself a hypnotherapy tape that just might help with my terrible withdrawal side effects. The body does have a great capacity to go where the mind directs it.    :socool:

The whining begins...family bbq yesterday...too much action for me but good for everyone else. Back to work today (Sunday) and I hate working on a nice hot day. I afraid I will pay for the extra stimulation.

etown

So sorry etown. I worried about that for you on the family BBQ thing. I find I can't handle that stuff at all now and I used to be the one that HOSTED all that stuff for my large oversized family.

Sorry you're working on a nice Sunday. Btw, do you mind if I ask what a "hot" day is in your part of the world?  Everything is so relative. Our days aren't considered hot til they're in the hundreds, and then only if they're humid too.  8)

Sorry etown but I am a cold mortal and I envy you having hot weather.

In the UK it is rare and expensive.

Hope you have a good week,

magga x :)

>>>Respectfully snipped for brevity<<<<<<. 

.  If you can engage all of your senses, sight, smell, touch etc, so much the better. :)

WWWI

WWWI, back in the days when I actually used my hypnotherapy certification, this was the MOST key element in having hypnosis be effective!  There is much research that verifies that. Also, studies showing people practicing to improve something, like a golf swing, had MORE improvement imagining the event with ALL SENSES ENGAGED than those who actually practiced physically. At the time, I lived seasonally near a big "golf school" that used hypnotherapy in their programs and it really did work!!  Major famous golfers came from all over the world to utilize their program.

Your comment inspires me to make myself a hypnotherapy tape that just might help with my terrible withdrawal side effects. The body does have a great capacity to go where the mind directs it.    :socool:

That's tremendous! Let me know how it goes :)

WWWI

WW that's my new name for you "wise woman". I am so glad you are hanging out on this thread you're my security blanket.

Thanks Magga and One

etown

WW that's my new name for you "wise woman". I am so glad you are hanging out on this thread you're my security blanket.

Thanks Magga and One

etown

Ditto E :)

Sorry etown but I am a cold mortal and I envy you having hot weather.

In the UK it is rare and expensive.

Hope you have a good week,

magga x :)

Hi there, all! Like etown, I am also in Southern Ontario.  Our summer has had a real roller coaster effect. When it gets hot, it gets pretty darned hot!  And then things can simmer down for a while - that's what I like.  Most of you know that our American friends measure temperatures in F, while we measeure in C.  33 C is like 91 F.

magga - I spent some time in the UK two years ago, and I had a wonderful time.  We were there end of September and the weather was crazy beautiful.  Every person we met thanked Canada for the gorgeous weather.  Go figure that ...

As per my benzo-free celebration post today, I've been on vacation for two weeks.  During that time, my 60th birthday came and went.  And I decided to retire from any sort of regular work schedule (will still take work when I want to).  I'm a well respected musician and I have a lot of offers.  For now, my first concern will be to stay in practice, and learn new stuff.  I will also concern myself with staying young!!!

Greetings to all in this very lovely thread.

CC

Cool its so cool that you are benzo free. How have you been feeling since the jump? Hope you visit us on this thread once in a while. I hope you have a great time now and enjoy your music even more.

etown

Hi Cool and etown

Yeh,  I shouldn't complain about the weather in the UK at the moment.

Today its a nice 24 degrees c  with a pleasant breeze. Wish I wasn't stuck in bed, but I can see the birds and tress from my window.

Joining this forum is a bit like traveling the world, you hear from so many places.  I love that side of it!

magga x

My first day back at work and I've only cried once. Ugh. What is up with the depression that comes with this thing? Anyone else have benzo related depression? How do/did you deal with it?

Peace

I did a CT and since then, it's been pretty much beyond being able to focus enough to be able to function at any proper level. I'm self employed and thank God for that as there are days that driving has not been possible, as I was in a minor fender bender that was totally my fault while driving high strung. That brought to my attention just how far out there I was and this was last October. I'm glad to be my own boss, my income has suffered from this.

My first day back at work and I've only cried once. Ugh. What is up with the depression that comes with this thing? Anyone else have benzo related depression? How do/did you deal with it?

Peace

You poor love !!!

Please see my comments to you in the "benzo free celebrations" section. 

I am so sorry to hear it's going like this.  I wonder sometimes if it's OK to take an a/d drug.  I considered it, but I got past my long but mild depression. 

Depression does seem to hit us though.  My suggestion (beyond what I've already written today) is to treat yourself to something new - do you like to go out to live music or anything like that?  Go and see a movie.  Try a new restaurant.  Buy some new threads ...  in short, remind yourself that you are still alive, vital, and interested in new ideas.  I dealt with it by getting outside of my head. 

Take great care of yourself,

CC

Cool its so cool that you are benzo free. How have you been feeling since the jump? Hope you visit us on this thread once in a while. I hope you have a great time now and enjoy your music even more.

etown

etown, I have felt very good since my jump.  There was a simply tragic event in my family after my jump, and it took me a month to smile after that -- but let's just say that was an external event and leave it at that, I recovered. 

Many things in my body started to really fix themselves after my jump.  I still owe BB a list of those things, now that I think of it  ::)

but I am feeling good and summer-lazy after vacation so, later  8)

The decision to retire from fulltime work was easy.  I will be challenged in semi-retirement, though.  I don't wish to get "old" just because I'm 60 now.  Being around music and young musicians will keep me on my toes I'm sure. 

I'll be sure to visit now & then. 

Be well!

CC

Peace how about a cross over to Valium, stabilize for a while and slow taper down on Valium. My doc who gets withdrawal says the Valium is a much smoother drug to taper that the fast acters like Klonpin (clonazepam). When I crossed over form Clonazepam (K) and again from Serax (oxazapam) things really settled for me after a good hold. Check my sig

etown

Lakeside - many say that after a c/t like you did the chance of having protracted symptoms increases or at least the time to take to heal increases. I suspect that is what you are dealing with. Have you looked into this?

etown

Thanks CC. I'll look for more ideas at your other post. I appreciate all the care and help.

I'm not opposed to an ad. I just can't tolerate them.

Etown- I'm at the equivalent of 1mg  Valium. I've heard that's not worth crossing over. What are your thoughts?

Peace - IMO it is worth crossing over at your rate because you can daily micro taper itty bitty amount which is exactly what I would do if i were you. I am going super slow so I can work and keep some kind of normalcy in my life. You could taper a really small amount  every day and stay pretty symptom free. Up to you but i would definately consider it.

Go to the Valium support thread by Danni and read back how slow people have to go from 2mg down.

etown

Lakeside - many say that after a c/t like you did the chance of having protracted symptoms increases or at least the time to take to heal increases. I suspect that is what you are dealing with. Have you looked into this?

etown

Hi etown, no I haven't looked into what you mention, that's something new to me. I know it's getting old, all this up n down though. Not much can be done for me where i live. I've seen 3 different local Docs about this and they say to go tot he Dr who took me off the xanax. Well, he about killed me and I'm not going to return to him as I may take out my frustrations on him if I ever see him again. During a panic attack last week, I did look up doctors in my state for benzo withdrawal and the nearest is 2 1/2 hrs away. I'm not wanting t go in as they would want to reinstate some meds and as far as I am into this, I'm not wanting meds. I've tried melatonin and 5HTP but there's rebound effect and for me, it's easier t ride this wave than to feel relief now, to only feel more intense waves later.

Thank you for responding, it's greatly appreciated.

Lake - I agree that reinstating would be the last option to take. It is an option though and I say that very carefully as I would never tell antone to go back to this crap. I truely bleieve that you will start to notice things slowly moving in a positive direction very soon. glad to have you on this thread and keep us posted.

etown

Where did everyone go? This week has been another gong show for me. Wish I had WW here to fix my computer problems. I can't believe large organizations with IT being so crappy. I can't even do my work. I don't even want to do my work and can't anyway. lol I can't even believe that when i'm tapering crap hits the fan. Why couldn't this wait until this is over? Oh well long weekend for us in Canada. Can't wait.

etown

Where did everyone go? This week has been another gong show for me. Wish I had WW here to fix my computer problems. I can't believe large organizations with IT being so crappy. I can't even do my work. I don't even want to do my work and can't anyway. lol I can't even believe that when i'm tapering crap hits the fan. Why couldn't this wait until this is over? Oh well long weekend for us in Canada. Can't wait.

etown

Still here, e.  Sorry about your crappy day. I wish I could make everything better for you.  :therethere:  I sure hope your long weekend coming up helps settle things down. Just watch out for those family BBQs.  :socool: