i'm sick

[si...]

i have gone thru a roll of toilet paper blowing my nose and think i am going to puke sometime tonight - maybe any min not sure.

is this what it is like not taking beno'z - this sucks - ain't fair - how do we deal with this.

anyone else feel like puking right after stopping?

if not then i would definitely warn people not to drink a quart of egg nog and then eat an apple - they may not be compatible.

Flu maybe?

I think drinking a quart of egg nog without the apple would make me puke :sick:

The runny nose could be wd. I'm reading that Breggin book, "your drug may be your problem" and it mentioned that as a symptom. Boy is that book a wealth of info. I'd recommend to anyone withdrawing, especially if you are on more than one drug. It's all about psych drugs, what they do to you, and how to get off them.

I'm sorry you don't feel well :(

Hope you sleep ok.

[13...]

Silver,

I used to have sneezing fits for several days while taking benzos and go through lots of napkins and tissue and paper towels... it was like a downpour.  After I quit CT, about 72 hours later I woke up with what seemed like an intestinal virus at 4:00 am.  I had the sweats, chills, burning pain throughout the entire body and couldn't get out of bed except for the million trips to the bathroom for 2 days when I finally decided to take Imodium AD to stop losing so much water from my body.  If this was W/D effects, it was about as bad as it could get.  Still, 35 days after CT, I'm still a little wobbly in the legs, but overall I'm good.  I wouldn't be surprised if your sickness is from quitting the .25mg Ativan.  Things will really start to change after a few days and what seemed like "healthier" a few days ago is really going to feel even healthier, very different, buoyant and free.  The mind will change and be lighter.  But, the first week might be tough.    :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Amp

I hope you sleep well and wake up feeling the same way you did last few days. BenzoBuddies will be here for you in the post-benzo days.

:smitten: Tanya

Silver,

Oh, honey, of Course you are sick.  You are kicking the last of the benzos out of your system.  Ativan only has a half-life of 10-20 hours, so you are probably going to feel really crappy for awhile.  Nausea is one of the more common benzo withdrawal symptoms.   :sick:   Cuddle up with your blanky, some hot tea and a good book.  Here is some love to tuck in your pocket. :smitten:  I hope you feel better tomorrow.

Have a good night and sweet dreams.

XXXXX

Christine/BlueMoth

thank you everyone - i feel so loved :smitten:

amper i am peeing every ten min - have some pee retention stuff going on - and i'm constipated - is that a symptom to?

Christine as far as cuddling up - i washed all my sheets and put my covers in the dryer to freshen them - just in case i get real sick i usually end up sick with dirty sheets, no food and dusty room - this time i planned - so i guess i am ready if it is called for - to rest.

now i just have a tummy ache and going to pee often.

tanya -  yes i have to get back to my smiley giggly happy self again - i have a found memory of that - seems like just yesterday - oh wait it was yesterday.

and eljay i did giggle when you said you would be sick drinking a quart of egg nog - sometimes i forget myself and just focus on how good it is for me as i chug it from the carton - then  :crazy: sicker then a dog.  perhaps when i am thinking more clearly i will figure that out before i chug it down.

[13...]

What might be happening... if you really don't have the flu, is that your system is starting to wake up.  All benzos slow the system down and when benzos start to wear off, everything starts to fluctuate... the organs start to work efficiently again... I sense that there is a rebound effect that feels like everything is starting to go too fast.  If your stomach hurts, it could be that the lining is starting to work properly again... after being dulled by Ativan for so long, your abdomen is coming alive.  Remember I said that I could feel the GABA receptors coming alive in my abdomen?  Your bladder and kidneys are starting to adjust to not being dulled and slowed.  The intestines are adjusting to the lack of benzos... not by speeding up... but maybe by simply regulating digestion... could be that constipation is in order at first.   I think benzos in my experience changed the PH levels in my digestive system... I don't know whether I was acidic or alkaline, but it could be that benzos caused one of those things to go too far out of whack.  Those levels may be adjusting too.  Appetite will decrease or increase.  Theories, theories.  Don't drink milk!  It's too much for now! :)

Take it easy!  :laugh:

Amp

ok good advice - i need to be gentle right now - nothing challenging - maybe soup and tea.

i have passed feeling like i was going to puke - it was real real close all i needed to do was look at the toilet - but i didn't.

thank you amper - have i told you lately how glad i am that you are here - cause i am :thumbsup:

that Breggin book, "your drug may be your problem"

That is a very good book that should be required reading for all doctors.  He even mentions about online support groups such as this one in the chapter about planning your withdrawal

Hope you are feeling better Silver.

Dave

Not positive about the runny nose symptom being benzo related. It may have been the antipsychotic wd that does that. I'll re-read it. :D

Linda,

If I'm not mistaken,  I did read that benzo w/d can produce flu like symptoms.

Sandy :)