Computer use contributing to insomnia?

[db...]

[db...]
I remember long ago in the late 70's... when I didn't use a computer... I fell asleep every night.  As my computer use at work turned into use at work and at home through the mid-80's and all of the 90's, my insomnia began (around 1992-93) and continues to this day.  The artificial light that is emitted from a laptop or a desktop computer at work or home will eventually cause insomnia.  I'm certain of that.  The optic nerve was never meant to be stimulated on a constant basis.  I gave up TV in order to stop that artificial light stimulation and I erroneously replaced it with the computer light.  Now, I need to take something to "knock me out" in order to shut off an over-stimulated brain.  :(

Hi,

Yes, I'm sure that we should allow some time (an hour or two) after using the compuere before going to bed. Advice that I, myself, often fail to follow. ::)

the night sky is no longer black as it once was, then there is lack of exercise as many fled to the burbs - but when you age your body no longer has all the natural hormones and stuff to put us to sleep.

look at a baby - it sleeps most of the time - we aren't babies anymore.