Thinking I need to reinstate Birth Control pills... can I?

[Ho...]

I have always had problems with my period, it runs in my family. My mother gets periods so bad that they led to anemia in the past. My sister gets cramps that make her double over. I've been off and on birth control since I was 16 or so to control my periods. I went off it when I was 6 months off benzos because I thought they might have been preventing me from healing. My hormones have since FLIPPED OUT and haven't been right since (so for more than 9 months). They will not right themselves it seems and they have complete control over my moods and everything else. I pretty much get PMS for the 3 weeks leading up to my period. It's horrible. So I only ever feel good for about 5-7 days when I'm ovulating, I guess.

Can I reinstate bc? Or could this affect my healing since I know the pill contains progesterone? Dont know what to do...

• 8 years later...

Personally, I've been having a lot of problems with my periods, so I'm planning to ask the doc for some good old pills.  My endo has been offering at every appointment for the last year, and I'm finally frustrated enough to ask her for the prescription.  I get bad cramps, worsened depression and anxiety, and low blood pressure to the point that I pass out when I stand up or get out of the shower, then throw up. (I have orthostatic hypotension like a lot of teenagers, where I get faint and sometimes fall if I stand up too quickly, but it gets much worse during my period)

For any of you lovely ladies on birth control pills: what kind are you on, and does it affect your bg?  What were your side effects like (what should I expect), and did it help cramps or anything else?

Edit: Removed commercial link.

• 4 months later...
Did you ladies ever decide to go back on birth control?? I'm in a tough spot and am thinking about going on myself. Looking for some insight. Thank you.