The POSITIVE withdrawal thread.

[os...]

Cige4....Congratulations on your daughter 's wedding....I think it is so helpful to have wonderful things to look forward to. So happy for you that you are connecting to the joy of such a beautiful day....enjoy enjoy........coop

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [os...]

• [Sk...]

• [lk...]

• [jo...]

IW2....WHOOP! WHOOP!....doing a happy dance for you..<3....so glad to hear it...wishing you another very good day tomorrow...love love to you.....coop

Coop- re:wedding

thanks! I'm actually thrilled to feel excited about something.

I can do this, I can do this, I can do this

Less anxiety today. Or maybe I'm just having more success with nipping the anxious thoughts in the bud by asking myself what am I anxious about and addressing it immediately. Seems to help!

Less nausea today. Been a few days now w less nausea.

...and a blessing to all out there working hard and spreading some success and cheer.

Anxiety,nervousness and depression is lower today as well as intrusive dark scary thoughts & images!  ;D

That IS a victory! Those have been some of my biggies, along w nausea, so I can relate and rejoice wid ya

Positive? How is this for ya? Started at 1 mg Ativan, now at 0.06 mg and:

Brain zaps nearly gone!

Rem sleep fully back (that is, when I can actually fall asleep)

Cog fog GONE!

No more visual hallucinations

Rarely get tachycardia/heart Palps( used to have these constantly

And yes.......the big enchilada......

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Stay strong through the storm folks. Victory is ours for the taking.

Laser. ..yahooo!..so happy happy for you.. thank you so much for the post...it lifts us all up.

....I began my sloooow taper off of 1 mg of ativan in June. I have been free for 3 weeks. While I am not quite as free of s/x as you are..but getting close. I have had only 3 really difficult days in the 3 weeks of recovery. I have had some windows and the balance of the days have been so much better than mid- term.

........s/x that are much better....

...........anxiety.....morning depression....d/r.....d/p......dizziness....nausea...panic ( way way better)

........s/x that are persistant...but still better than mid-taper

............agoraphobia....hypochondria....

..................................................................love love this thread...we so need positive mile markers along the way.....coop

Cooperten, I am not nearly as sx free as you think I am. Since this is a positive thread, I neglected to mention the horrid sxs I do have. That being said, the sxs mentioned above do not plague me. And I feel semi human at work every day. So far I am tolerating my 25% cut from 0.08 to 0.06 quite well, though I am only 42 hours into it.  :smitten:

Laser...you are going to get there...42 hours is good...that's 42 hours closer...I 'm with ya.

.......hope all of your s/x are soon gone...coop

Laserj,

Good for you. These good posts keep us going. Here is my positive thought tonight...I have been miserably sick but am pulling out of it one more time. I am going to start micro tapering as soon as I stabilize. I have 5 days b4 Christmas to feel better yet. Heading to Breckenridge for Christmas. 10 of us. I do not have to pretend to be ok. This is my family. It would be great to be able to enjoy it.

CC

Laserj,

Good for you. These good posts keep us going. Here is my positive thought tonight...I have been miserably sick but am pulling out of it one more time. I am going to start micro tapering as soon as I stabilize. I have 5 days b4 Christmas to feel better yet. Heading to Breckenridge for Christmas. 10 of us. I do not have to pretend to be ok. This is my family. It would be great to be able to enjoy it.

CC

Laserj: keep going, my friend.

Cc: yay to pulling out one more time

My positive experience: I MADE IT THROUGH MY DAUGHTER'S WEDDING WITHOUT A SINGLE PANIC ATTACK! And I made every event, though left early on one of them. One of the most important events of my life and there was much answered prayer. Also, wonderful support from a BFF.

I was able to feel joy and contentment

Sure it will work. It's a good idea.

You want me to be serious?

Geez...

Well, it's also true that I spent so much time at work during this difficult recovery - because I felt so bad when I was at home - that I got a promotion and a pay raise. Hah!

Another good thing: I'm much less critical of other people, and much more sympathetic, and... sensitive.

There. I said it.

I always knew there was sensitivity in you, hiding.... ;) ;) ;):)

Sensitive.

Nothing like a whole lot of suffering to make you less obnoxious and more humble, right?

I'll say one thing. When I can get a decent night's rest I can drive again! Been too long since I've been on the road and I love to drive! Big Big step for me. Improves my whole attitude and I am finally becoming less of a jerk to live with. Betsy

wow this is a great thread we should keep it alive and going !! positive stuff is great for withdrawals !!! I have had a pretty easy taper for months and hanging in there now at 75 % done. lets keep this forum alive here we need this good stuff !!

Yes indeedy! I like reading the posts on this thread as well as the success stories.

My positive progress: not only did I make and participate in my daughter's wedding, I also did more this Christmas than I did last year (I knew I was sick but did t know why at the time). I know I still have a way to go but am so thankful for the windows that are starting to appear!!

thats great t hear and congrats on being benzo free !!! enjoy your new life !!! yes we need a lot of positive stuff to keep us moving forward in this process !!! the more positive i stay the better i feel. when i feel myself getting negative or down i feel much worse but then i get into a positive mode and forget all about how bad i felt !!!

I think this is my favorite group...the positive stories...even while experiencing recovery and not yet healed give me so much hope and courage to keep moving forward......I too got through the holidays...TG was a little touch and go..Christmas much better. I went very low stress ( moderate tree...only select activities and having people in a few at a time) ..simple simple menu offerings etc etc. I felt the enjoyment of having my grandsons and don/daughter-in-law...Watched a bunch of old movies...didn't push myself to do anything difficult.

......I am almost one whole month off and I am actually consistantly feeling better ( never could have convinced me of this in mid-taper) ...I have had only one hard day ( a return of bleak depression thatching couldn't shake off until late afternoon) I have had brief (  an hour or so) of on again off again moderate anxiety ( as opposed to all day can 't concerntrate going out of my mind anxiety). Nausea is nearly gone ( a little in the morning)...only one episode of d/r...Most of all I feel 80% of the time connected to myself and my environment t. Mild agoraphobia and hypochondria hanging on but manageable...

.......I am one month off and beginning to really believe that. I will heal 100% inside of a year. I am actually looking forward to the New Year with happy thoughts

......We are all going to make it over the finish line..to be the people we were before benzos...

........Wishing you all a very happy New Year...next year we will so much better..

Thank you to everyone who posts on this thread...I really love it...coop

Good to hear your improving Cooperten. Given your current report, I'd be willing to wager that you will reach 100% healed long before a year post-jump. :thumbsup:

He had me read 2 books before my taper began. one was "The power of positive thinking and the other "feel good". They were both great books and worth the read and so helpful to be through out this journey.

I agree Bigbabysmomma, very nice to find such a positive thread. I will continue to cut after the holidays.  I agree with your doctor about staying positive.  I think I may get one of books and read to help with that.  Since all this anxiety and bad medicine experiences I also have burning mouth syndrome so I have to stay positive to help with that also.  Thanks for the post

Monique

Laser....You have come so far...3 months ago you were at 'brutal '...on the 24th of. Dec you are at "sweet "  that is some good work friend.....really wishing you an easy slide over home and nothing but healing from there. ....Happy Happy New Year Laser.....coop

Perhaps it was the fact that the year is ending and I'm putting up new calendars for 2014. Maybe it was a medication I took briefly for nausea (ZOFRAN -- which I understand is an anti-psychotic).  I was plagued with off and on nausea since early December. Perhaps it was my mental attitude...  don't know. I got up this morning at 6 am, put on my bathing suit, slapped on a workout suit and headed to our local pool open 24/7. I was there for two hours... showering, swimming, sitting in the hot tub, talking to a few other people. I came home with a completely different attitude. Did some housework. This is after being housebound and practically bedridden for weeks. Let's hope I feel OK tomorrow because I am going to be really grateful on Sunday and I might even go to a spiritual service at 9 am. Peace, love and happiness, ESKIM-oh

I have been tapering off xanax for about 10 months now from 1.5 mg to .03125. Tonight I will do another cut of 0625 which will bring my dose to .25 mg. I'm almost free, !! I have done fairly well through my taper with the help if a friend who tapered off last year and did exceptionally well and a good doctor and lots of positive support form friends and family. Also my faith and beliefs have helped me along the way.

I have had my share of withdrawal symptoms and have gotten through them all with positive thoughts and actions. It seemed to more I kept moving and staying active the less symptoms I had. sometimes it was real hard to get up and dressed and go to work on days i was feeling the cut , but i always pushed myself to do it and 99.9% of the time i was glad i did it !

Now i'm at an impasse in my taper and have seemed to hit a wall here. I have done so well but last Friday I went to a Chinese buffet and ate but tried to stay clear of MSG but that night i began to have very severe withdrawals and am still having them 9 days later with no relief. I went to the doctor and the urgent care and they said I had a bladder infection and a possible bacterial infection elsewhere possibly in the colon and put me on antibiotics. Well that was 5 days ago and I feel no better so I'm thinking this is all just a bad wave possibly brought on by the Chinese food.

So i'm staying positive that it will pass soon and I will keep moving forward in this ! All of my tricks in my little bad of tricks to feel better are not working so im just accepting this all as withdrawals and staying calm and letting time pass and going about my life the best I can. it's all we really can do isn't it !!! You can't let the symptoms get the best of you or they win so you have to keep in control.

I have been tapering off xanax for about 10 months now from 1.5 mg to .03125. Tonight I will do another cut of 0625 which will bring my dose to .25 mg. I'm almost free, !! I have done fairly well through my taper with the help if a friend who tapered off last year and did exceptionally well and a good doctor and lots of positive support form friends and family. Also my faith and beliefs have helped me along the way.

I have had my share of withdrawal symptoms and have gotten through them all with positive thoughts and actions. It seemed to more I kept moving and staying active the less symptoms I had. sometimes it was real hard to get up and dressed and go to work on days i was feeling the cut , but i always pushed myself to do it and 99.9% of the time i was glad i did it !

Now i'm at an impasse in my taper and have seemed to hit a wall here. I have done so well but last Friday I went to a Chinese buffet and ate but tried to stay clear of MSG but that night i began to have very severe withdrawals and am still having them 9 days later with no relief. I went to the doctor and the urgent care and they said I had a bladder infection and a possible bacterial infection elsewhere possibly in the colon and put me on antibiotics. Well that was 5 days ago and I feel no better so I'm thinking this is all just a bad wave possibly brought on by the Chinese food.

So i'm staying positive that it will pass soon and I will keep moving forward in this ! All of my tricks in my little bad of tricks to feel better are not working so im just accepting this all as withdrawals and staying calm and letting time pass and going about my life the best I can. it's all we really can do isn't it !!! You can't let the symptoms get the best of you or they win so you have to keep in control.

This is great!  You will know the true meaning of being free!